Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 27

And the Design Star Fan Favorite Is…

You cast almost a million votes this season in the Design Star fan vote to help one contestant win their own show on HGTV.com. Voting is now closed, and you’ve chosen the winner: Season seven runner-up and Hollywood regency devotee Britany Simon!  From her graphic wall in episode one to her glamorous, modern homeowner makeover in the finale, she wowed all season long.

Design Star Fan Favorite Britany Simon

Yuki, Danielle and Bex had their share of fans, but the votes weren’t enough to topple Britany’s lead:

Design Star Fan Vote

Congratulations, Britany! Check back here for news about her brand new online show. Until then, look back at these how-tos inspired by Britany’s best designs:

What would you like to see in Britany’s online show? Voice your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 12:00 pm

140 Comments

1. i voted for brittney. yeah!!!!!!

julia on July 27, 2012 at 7:36 pm
  2. I hope Brittany will have her own show on TV and I can't wait to see her design. She is a true design star of 2012.
    Congratulations to Brittany!!!!

Kevin on July 27, 2012 at 11:24 pm
  3. How many of all of us TRULY watch any of the on-line shows??? Vote thumbs-up if you have seen at least 2 of them… Thumbs-down if you if not…

WillTryDSAgain on July 27, 2012 at 11:47 pm
  4. Britany all the way!!!!!!!!!!!

Erika on July 28, 2012 at 7:40 am
  5. Glad that Brittany won this at the very least. I will NEVER watch Danielle's show….her screech-y voice is incredibly irritating and she seems uber fake. Why did the judges choose such an unpalatable winner?1?

BritBritRules on July 28, 2012 at 10:27 am
    • I feel that Brittany is a good desinger and she did a bang up job on the Yurt, but her camera challenges and her confidence was slim. I think that Danielle's designs were simply better and she comes across much better on camera. Also, don't be bitter to the winner be happy for everyone!

patricia on July 28, 2012 at 4:37 pm
    • PATRICIA U R WRONG BRITNEY ROCKS!

BRITNEYROCK! on July 28, 2012 at 5:31 pm
    • Agree! I loved Danielle but she does seem kinda fake.

Lindsey on July 29, 2012 at 9:25 am
  6. i am over joyed that brittany has won the online show ,i watched her all though design star and fell in love with all of her work ! brittany really did deserve to win but at least the fans know who is the real winner (: Brittany is a real inspireration to me and she made me want to become a interior designer . I know for a fact this is not the last we have seen of brittany Simon. She truly is my roal model and i hope the online show will become a show on hgtv !!! congratulations Brittany!!!

natalie on July 28, 2012 at 10:40 am
  7. Im very happy that Britany won. I wish she was the next design star. Voting for britany 10 times a day sure helped

@Krystal50707705 on July 28, 2012 at 12:56 pm
  8. Britt: Please come back to Phoenix for your on-line show. There are sooo many ho-hum homes. You could call your show "Ho-hum to Humdinger" I was rooting for you to win.

I would like you to come do my kitchen. It needs help, but on a strict budget. Old non-working built-in can opener, blender power source, and toaster for a start. Tile counter-top with half-inch grout-lines for second. Chipped inlaid floor next. Grungy cabinets that cannot be cleaned 4th. Poorly planned layout 5th. Lighting needs to be improved. We bought the house 2 years ago, and we love it, but it wasn't the kitchen that drew us into the purchase, believe me. Wanna see pictures?

vallihaha on July 28, 2012 at 3:48 pm
  9. WTF??!!!!!! DANIELLE WON?! HGTV WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How the heck Did Danielle win Design Star??!!!!!!! Brittany should of WON!!! Im sorry But Danielle sounds naslley like she is talking thru her nose. VERY irratating to listen too! I will not watch her show. Im so disappointed Judges that you picked her to win! HGTV Why would you pick her when her rooms looked like crap!!!!!!

Angie on July 28, 2012 at 5:16 pm
  10. Danille is so fake and brittney is the fan favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not danille. Im never going to watch the show on shopping because all other design show are about that! If candace olsen was a judge she would totally love brittney!
    HGTV,
    Please give brittney a show! Everyone loves her! She is real and everyone can realated to her! She has that energy! I also think you need new judges the judges pic the same fake foney person almost every year (expect meg) All my friends love brittney!!!! so many people love her! PLEASE give her a show! Danniles isnt even gonna last a month!

Brittneyshouldwin! on July 28, 2012 at 5:26 pm