Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 27

And the Design Star Fan Favorite Is…

You cast almost a million votes this season in the Design Star fan vote to help one contestant win their own show on HGTV.com. Voting is now closed, and you’ve chosen the winner: Season seven runner-up and Hollywood regency devotee Britany Simon!  From her graphic wall in episode one to her glamorous, modern homeowner makeover in the finale, she wowed all season long.

Design Star Fan Favorite Britany Simon

Yuki, Danielle and Bex had their share of fans, but the votes weren’t enough to topple Britany’s lead:

Design Star Fan Vote

Congratulations, Britany! Check back here for news about her brand new online show. Until then, look back at these how-tos inspired by Britany’s best designs:

What would you like to see in Britany’s online show? Voice your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 12:00 pm

140 Comments

1. Such nasty comments about Danielle. Shame on you all. She was the best and deserved to win. I look forward to watching every one of her shows. Brittany is also a winner. I hope she also ends up with a TV show but she did not win this one.

LHG on July 28, 2012 at 5:31 pm
  2. Brittany needs her own show on HGTV!!! I LOVE LOVE her designs!!! She thought outside the box with her designs and I couldn't wait for the next week to watch to see what she designed. I will not be watching Danielle with her nasally voice!

Angie on July 28, 2012 at 6:17 pm
  3. I wanted Danielle to win since the first episode. She is a great designer. Danielle deserves to win.

Rose on July 28, 2012 at 8:49 pm
  4. David is the best thing to happen to HGTV, and the public voted for him.

I think the viewers would have selected Britany as well.

I look forward to her online show, but think HGTV needs to go back to the old format of letting the viewers decide who they would prefer to watch.

Phil on July 28, 2012 at 9:08 pm
  5. First Meg and now Danielle. Yuck. What is HGTV thinking? Their voices are so annoying. I don't know how anyone could watch their shows.

dee on July 29, 2012 at 6:15 am
  6. Hooray for Britney! She was the best designer! Judges kept saying that she wasn't smooth on camera, however, David was very unpolished when he won, but his designs were so good! Britney's designs were terrific but David said Danielle has the best personality. So they are judging personality now, which is sad. Good luck to Danielle, she will be fine, but Britney would have been great like David and would go on season after season. I will try to catch the online show, but Kellie won the online show last time and I have never seen her. Anyone have any idea how to get Britney a tv show, hey, Britney fans, unite!!!

Thea Pimental on July 29, 2012 at 6:45 am
  7. Yay! Maybe britanys show can turn into a show on hgtv instead of online and then yuki can get her own online show! Yuki deserves it as well as britany! And britany got a lot of votes in the last few days! She should get her picture perfect spaces show with mikel as her helper and Hilari should get her own show too and then yuki can get her own online show! Hopefully her online show can start something bigger and better for her and other contestants!

Lindsey on July 29, 2012 at 9:28 am
  8. Has anyone else read about the 'All-Star' show starting Tuesday (7/31)? Hilary from this year, Leslie, Kellie, Tom from the three years before that and then a couple more I can't remember right now. Sounds like fun to me. I liked Hilary a lot this season, and look forward to seeing some of my other favorites.

Rickapolis on July 29, 2012 at 9:39 am
  9. Big mistake in your choice of winner of Design Star. Brittany was truly the winner. She always completed her tasks and her time management was always there. Her design style was right on in every task. I though Danelle's final task was so bad. Way too much stuff on the walls and very cluttered. Brittany's room was beautiful as always. She deserves to have her own show. You made a big mistake.

Linda Samalis on July 29, 2012 at 10:15 am
  10. I just watch the final show with my wife. REALLY I wont watch. Really messed up this one. Brittany IS truly the better of the two. Most constant. The panel needed to look at the blog before they choose. I will not be watching the "new" show.

DaMiNo on July 29, 2012 at 10:33 am