Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Aug 3

This Weekend: Watch Danielle’s New Show

Take a break from the Olympics this weekend to tune in to the latest Design Star champ’s brand-new show, Shop This Room, airing Saturday, August 4 at 8 pm et/pt.

Danielle Colding on Set

She’ll turn a basic beige kitchen into an airy, open and bright space after drawing inspiration from one-of-a-kind shopping finds. Get a sneak peek of what you’ll see on the Shop This Room premiere here.

Posted at 4:56 pm

64 Comments

1. The first show was awesome. I think she did an awesome job with opening the space by lifting the ceiling. The shutters were absolutely incredible.

Pam on August 4, 2012 at 4:35 pm
  2. I really enjoyed watching Danielle transform from Design Star to Shop this Room. I was a little disappointed that what the judges feared most would happen,HAPPENED. Danielle is overusing the Teals and Yellows!!! In both homes she infused the teal wall coverings and those damned yellow chairs!!! Cmon Danielle dig a little deeper and find some different tones!

Jonesyradio on August 4, 2012 at 5:09 pm
  3. i am glad that her clients is happy. Its really what the client wants.She listens to her clients and responds in a positive way. Listening will get you far in life. GO DANIELLE.

shalom on August 4, 2012 at 5:48 pm
  4. She did just super! Liked her having her aunt on the first show. Thought it was a nice personal touch. Not overdone. Liked her camera shots with clients…comes across as sincere, genuine, warm, friendly.
    Works well with her support crew in listening to their ideas and input…(her carpenter & such)..I like her! Glad she was chosen and really enjoy her on screen personality.

She doesnt come across as fake. Shes very natural. Like the shots of NEW YORK BABY!!!
    She can really dress sharp when she wants to! Sure you cant dress up when painting and such, but when on those shopping sprees she takes & for the client reveal, she dresses really nice!

Wayne on August 4, 2012 at 6:07 pm
  5. Danielle did a fantastic job on both premiere shows. LOVED the shutters, the Moroccan style tiles and the integrity to open up the ceiling! Second show on the living room and Mom's Florida room was also excellent. She has a great concept of beginning with the one inspiration piece that sets the tone for the entire room–the soul of the design. That's the heart of creativity and Danielle gets that. She is a natural and I love her show! So happy for her and her mom is too!

Also glad that Brittany won her online show. She is very sophisticated designer and deserves recognition. She will take it from here. Now the trifecta needs to be Hillary winning the All Stars!

Susan on August 4, 2012 at 6:17 pm
  6. LOVED the shows tonight!!!! Her use of colors, textures, & the unexpected was awesome! Look forward to many more episodes! Love the ombré hair too!!

Deborah on August 4, 2012 at 8:59 pm
  7. Shop This Room is my new favorite show! Danielle is a gifted and caring designer & takes good care to please her customers. So glad she won!

KatyB on August 5, 2012 at 5:14 am
  8. Danielle did an outstanding job last night. I really enjoyed both of her rooms. Her show is different it is warm and caring. She truly tries to meet the needs of her clients. I am looking forward to next week and seeing what she comes up with.

She is a true professional. I agree she dresses the part and looks like a professional.

I hope Dan wins the All Star Show. Hilari is good at buying pretty pieces but she is not good at pulling everything she buys together.

maria on August 5, 2012 at 5:57 am
  9. Danielle's show was great. I will be watching again. She really seems to listen to her clients and give them something that suits their life style. She is warm and presents herself well. This year, Design Star made the correct decision. I hope to see her on HGTV for many years.

Betty on August 5, 2012 at 6:12 am
  10. Loved the show. I am addicted to hgtv and Danielle's show is my new favorite. HGTV you picked a winner!

Joan on August 5, 2012 at 6:26 am