Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Aug 3

This Weekend: Watch Danielle’s New Show

Take a break from the Olympics this weekend to tune in to the latest Design Star champ’s brand-new show, Shop This Room, airing Saturday, August 4 at 8 pm et/pt.

Danielle Colding on Set

She’ll turn a basic beige kitchen into an airy, open and bright space after drawing inspiration from one-of-a-kind shopping finds. Get a sneak peek of what you’ll see on the Shop This Room premiere here.

Posted at 4:56 pm

64 Comments

1. I thought Danielle did a top notch job all the way around. Design wise, personality wise, hostess wise. My only other comment: she certainly is a clothes-horse. She must have been in a dozen different outfits each show. I know this is minor, but I'm surprised that it was obvious enough for even me to notice.

Rickapolis on August 5, 2012 at 6:44 am
    • On some shows they purposely wear the same clothes so you can't tell the scenes were filmed on different days and out of sequence. Danielle's show may simply not be using this "movie magic" so she appears in more different outfits.

DSWatcher on August 5, 2012 at 1:18 pm
  2. Absolutely loved her first shows!!!!! Judges definitely made the right decision. Love Danielle's personality, she brings a fresh new perspective to HGTV.

Sonja on August 5, 2012 at 6:48 am
  3. I luv Danielle. U picked the right winner H g t v Design star. She brings fashion and style to your show lineup, plus pays homage to my NYC hometown! I'll be stopping by the shops she showcased.I m already a fan of your network and magazine, now I'll be adding shop this room to my d v r must see schedule.

melinda L on August 5, 2012 at 7:43 am
  4. Love Danielle and Shop This Room! Keep them coming!

Lisa Wilson on August 5, 2012 at 8:03 am
  5. Absolutely DELIGHTFUL! I loved Danielle's new show. She's my new HGTV favorite. Congratulations!

April on August 5, 2012 at 8:58 am
  6. DANIELLE HAS A GOOD LISTENING EAR. REALLY LOVE HER DESIGNS.

shalom on August 5, 2012 at 10:52 am
  7. I would rather have someone look nice than one that is poured into her clothes and looks sloopy all the time.

maria on August 5, 2012 at 3:05 pm
    • Who are you talking about? Certainly not classy Danielle!

Layne on August 17, 2012 at 8:00 pm
      • Certainly not Danielle. I wanted her to win!!!!! First Design Star that I was really rooting for since Dan. I was referring to Meg. She dresses awful. Her clothes are two sizes to small.

maria on August 18, 2012 at 6:04 am
  8. Your show is amazing I was hoping you would win design star and you did. I love. To shop so for me i love that part of your show especially when you go to antique shops. My daughter lives in mid town NYC in a studio would you consider redoing an apartment. She really wants the look of a hotel room. She has made the apartment very adorable but she needs the feel that she's not in one room . And of course good storage ideas. And have a spa like feeing in her bathroom.she's a hairstylist in a high red salon so she looks fabulous everyday. She's always telling me she can't find something. I hope you would consider helping her. Good luck with the show. I love it

Rose clark on August 5, 2012 at 3:37 pm
  9. Great debut shows for Danielle; she seems comfortable with the clients, with her coworkers, and on screen. Congrats, Danielle, on a job well done!

cheryl johnson on August 5, 2012 at 3:55 pm
  10. Loved Danielle's shows. I must say this is the first time, since David won Design Star, that I feel the judges got it right!

Nancy on August 5, 2012 at 4:48 pm