Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Aug 8

David on Episode 2: “Please Take Some of This Junk Away”

David Bromstad With Design Star All Stars Contestants

Learn why David disagreed with the judges’ favorite room, what he loved in both spaces and why the eliminated designer went home.

Here’s what David had to say from the set:

Do you think the right designer won? Do you agree with who went home? Leave a comment below.

Posted at 9:42 am

89 Comments

1. as far as kellies comment to hilari shes got a big head and im glad she was the first to go…she deserved it…i hope hilari wins…

guest on August 8, 2012 at 11:56 am
  2. Leslie, OMG! she has got to go! I agree the color has to go as well. Nothing against blue, but not for this space…I would have used a soft stone color that would compliment Hilari's stripes…use the same shining stripe color on wide panel wainscoating in the man area…Please redo this couples place; keeping the media center, all sofas, the world wall, the dart wall, add more to the clock wall, keep something round in there…rid the drapes, dining tables, all the stuff Leslie put in the room, remove that coffee table except the wheels…please redo and let us see the final room….that's all for now….btw~
    when are we going to see the the Design Show with all the winners? Season 10 would be a great anniversary for this. What do you think?:)

Millicent on August 8, 2012 at 1:00 pm
    • A show with all the winners is a great idea. I'm not sure what the prize should be (maybe they each take a room in a new house and do it all for fun), but it would be an interesting program.

Rickapolis on August 8, 2012 at 3:21 pm
  3. I think the judges made a mistake letting Sparkling Josh go. He was so much more likeable than Leslie. I think he should have his own show because he is so entertaining. I agree he was too contrived in his camera challenges, but capture him naturally … and bingo! I would definitely tune in. Leslie is annoying, bossy, attention-hogging, insists on her own way and doesn't play nice with others. Why would they keep her on when she was the only one that couldn't work as a team player? Sticking out from the crowd does not always make a star.
    Regarding color choices, I agree that it is a matter of preference. I thought Mikel's minty green that Genevieve called a hospital color in the condo episode in Season 7 of Design Stars was alot fresher and less animated than the turquoise green that Danielle or Hilari used later.

Sherry on August 8, 2012 at 2:12 pm
    • dont do hilari or danielle now mikel is just like sparkle josh G.A.Y. plus they dont need to be on tv embarrasing their self

darrell on August 16, 2012 at 3:30 pm
  4. I liked Sparkle Josh, but he probably was the right person to go home, however, that said, I really do not like Leslie. She's a control freak and doesn't know how to work on a team. She isn't a bad designer, although the home owner expressly stated she did not want mirrors. I thought it was a slap in their face for her to put mirrors in. I love Hilliary and Dan. I absolutely love Hilliary's personality and I love her work.

Pat on August 8, 2012 at 2:52 pm
  5. Didn't the homeowner (male) say something about liking the color blue; Dan and Tom listened and responded. Their room was well done, not too cluttery, the blue walls were fine with me (but I like blue). Having three designers try to work together was probably not a good idea, especially three as different as Hilary, Josh and Leslie.

cheryl johnson on August 8, 2012 at 3:37 pm
  6. PLEASE FIX THE VIDEO for episode 2!!!!!!!!!! It's been stuck all day!!!!!!!!! It's stuck right after Tom says "that's so annoying"…kinda funny though! But, please….can you fix it already!!!! :)

alb on August 8, 2012 at 3:47 pm
  7. Please, Please, fix the video! Still not working!

Laura on August 8, 2012 at 6:39 pm
  8. Not working Still. Please please please fix it.

beaglebeagleduck on August 8, 2012 at 6:43 pm
  9. I thinklllllllllt here!

Jennifer on August 8, 2012 at 6:48 pm
  10. EnteI thinkLeslie shouldhave been the one togo home. She was all oover the place; a rea; scatterbraon!!!!

Jenny on August 8, 2012 at 6:50 pm