Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Aug 10

Sneak Peek: All Stars Episode 3

Design Star All Stars Contestants and Host David Bromstad

The final four Design Star All Stars contestants go down memory lane on Tuesday at 9/8c as they make over sets inspired by the hit ’80s sitcom The Facts of Life. Who will make it to the finale and get one step closer to the $25,000 prize?  See a sneak peek of this week’s action.

Predictions: Who will be in the final three? Cast your vote in the comments below.

Posted at 10:00 am

118 Comments

1. Tried viewing online several times and continually got stuck! If you put it out to be viewed, it should be easier that all the comments have indicated. Please fix so we can stay "stuck" on your series!

guest on August 12, 2012 at 1:55 pm
  2. Leslie has our eye. She's a classy lady with a real eye for what's modern yet warm. We are looking forward to having Leslie back next week too…..

Lillie Bush on August 14, 2012 at 11:17 am
  3. I love the show but I have a very difficult time respecting Genevieve's decorating expertise. I still remember her horrific designs on Trading Spaces and how everyone dreaded getting her for their designer. I wish Candace was still a judge–she is the ultimate designer!!

Sue Dominguez on August 14, 2012 at 12:15 pm
  4. OH MY… i thought it was MY COMPUTER!!!!!

Lisa on August 14, 2012 at 2:31 pm
    • I got the tape — on rare instances — to get to about 10 minutes into the program. (The commercial break appeared to have screwed it up.) Usually it stops at the point where Tom says something like "It's so annoying." How true! HGTV, fix it please.

Design is cool on August 15, 2012 at 1:32 pm
  5. Not fixed in Mass.

Lisa on August 14, 2012 at 2:32 pm
  6. I agree with Sue. I didn't really respect Genevieve's expertise in design. I have not really seen anything impressive by her. I wish Candice was still there also. Honestly her and David is in a class all by themselves. I agree with alot of the blogs that David express the designer's weeknesses and strength. I'm really thinking that sometimes these contest are already rigged and just entertainment for the viewer. For example: Hilirie blew it out of the water with that 80's design but the choose Danielle. I like Danielle's design but there were alot of times where she mismanaged her time and she was in the bottom alot. I thought she would have been gone before Hillirie. I really wish they would find another host and let David be a judge or let him do both. I don't understand why they would even bring people who don't have expertise as a designer as a judge. I think they could use Lisa Laporta, Tanya from design to sell, or others.

Aprieal on August 14, 2012 at 2:37 pm
    • Or Sabrina Soto! Shopping at Target – yess!!! I love Tanya too! I still think she deserves her own design show!

Nick on August 14, 2012 at 4:48 pm
    • Dan has a professional looking approach to design and seemed to be level headed until last night. Why would he insist on a lime green wall knowing that choice should/would sink his ship. Didn't make any sense to me. I think was a hard choice for Design Star between Danielle and Hilari so perhaps they're opening another opportunity for Hilari this time. I disagree that Danielle should not have been chosen. She's a unique designer and I always like what she does. I've been in design for years and think she has a classy approach to interior spaces. This show should get all "fresh horses" for judging. Really tired of Genevieve and Vern (originals from Trading Spaces!)

Sandra on August 15, 2012 at 12:10 pm
  7. Well I for one like Dan. he is refreshing & comes across well to me the viewer. I sometimes wonder if the judges have an agenda. I sometimes think they are planning a show & pick who they best feel would fit that show. For example, the lady that does the shows on designing like the clothes you wear. That is a terrible show, her presence is stiff & not warming & the guy she was in competition against out did her 10 fold…plus she was hoarse..so how did they judge her when she had to explain her design? As for all the blog talk over Genevieve, I agree. She can design but there is never anything special about her makeovers…no WOW to it..nothing makes you want to run out & do that in your home. She is a conservative designer and very good but just no WOW. Anyway, my vote is for Dan. PS Ever think of a "Grannys Corner" where tried & true designs still hold the audience? or maybe modern take of same? We Grannies are designers too! Love You HGTV!

Jeanette on August 14, 2012 at 4:48 pm
    • that girl was not wonderful but the guy she beat was worse even though I liked his style, he had a weird attitude problem and seemed immature and not able to work well with others, I liked his style but he was kind of weird. I just didn't watch anybody's show from that season, that girl was boring and also had some personality ticks I didn't like either.

mary on August 14, 2012 at 10:14 pm
    • Dan has a friendly personality for sure and seems very likeable to everyone, but his design sense can be a little off. I didn't really like that media center or the couch for the ballroom dancers, but Monica Pederson liked them although I find the Dream Homes to be grandma-ish so I don't really go for Monica's taste 100% either. I haven't watched episode 3 yet since the videos again don't work.

Theresa on August 14, 2012 at 10:17 pm
  8. I would also like to say that I believe Dan or Hilari would LISTEN to what I wanted done if I hired them. The other two might listen but think a lot of their style/interpretation would enter into it. Dan or Hilari..my vote is for Dan

Jeanette on August 14, 2012 at 4:50 pm
    • You are absolutely right about Hilari and Dan listening to their customers. The other two would not be good designers for a TV show. Also, new judges would be a refreshing take, also.

Sharron on August 15, 2012 at 7:29 pm
  9. DAN SHOULD WIN ALONE!!! HE BEAT THAT SORRY OLD ANTONIO. THAT THING IS GROSS… GO DAN…. hilary is just unbelievable. SHE NEVER SHUTS HER BIG FAT MOUTH.. THAT VOICE IS HORRIBBLE. I DO NOT WATCH IT ANYMORE BECAUSE SHE IS SOOOOO GETHO!!! Go BACK to TX hilary.. YOU are NOT liked at all…. you make me sick…

Tammy on August 14, 2012 at 5:31 pm
    • that's a terrible comment

casey on August 14, 2012 at 10:11 pm
    • Hilari is awesome

guest on August 15, 2012 at 5:26 am
    • Tammy, please go look at a dictionary. And P.S. your caps lock seems to be stuck.

Vicki on August 15, 2012 at 5:58 am
    • I too am not thrilled that Dan was sent home!!! However, there's no need for personal attacks as we only watch a TV persona!!!! Hilari is a southern girl with southern diction and mannerisms. It can be off putting if you're not use to it!!!

P.S. I hope that you can find a doctor to give you prescription for your Hilaritis!!! lol

MirrorMirror12 on August 15, 2012 at 12:21 pm
    • Tammy that is terrible. You should be ashame of yourself. Dan is good, but Hilari is better.

Sharron on August 15, 2012 at 7:32 pm
  10. This show is scary!! My eyes moves back and forth so much I became tired. I think Dan doesn't take advice well which means he probably will not listen to the client He should go home. The judges also make comments on design errors that I've seen them make.

Rose on August 14, 2012 at 5:40 pm