Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Aug 10

Sneak Peek: All Stars Episode 3

Design Star All Stars Contestants and Host David Bromstad

The final four Design Star All Stars contestants go down memory lane on Tuesday at 9/8c as they make over sets inspired by the hit ’80s sitcom The Facts of Life. Who will make it to the finale and get one step closer to the $25,000 prize?  See a sneak peek of this week’s action.

Predictions: Who will be in the final three? Cast your vote in the comments below.

Posted at 10:00 am

118 Comments

1. I LOVE Hilary. She is fresh, fun, and real! HGTV needs more fun people and less stuffy people like Genevieve. Hilary is fun to watch and I love her design style.

mary on August 15, 2012 at 7:53 am
  2. Seriously? They sent Dan home? Tom should have been the one to go. His camera challenges are WEAK. Dan and Hilari met the design goal. Tom and Leslie's makeover looked anemic, with too many patterns and colors that didn't work. And painting stripes over wallpaper Leslie? – one of the worst design tips I have ever seen. Cringe! The goal was to look good on CAMERA, vs in person. And David's comments were a surprise. Hello? He uses extremely vibrant colors in every episode and in his own home. He certainly is not the one to tell Dan to tone it down. While I agree that the green was too bright, that one miss should not have sent him packing. Dan and Hilari's room won the challenge. Now that Dan is gone, Hilari should win.

Terry on August 15, 2012 at 9:06 am
  3. The 1st time Dan was on- he won viewers fave , but lost to someone who should have been gone instead of winning. As too there being ill will on the judges/writers part- there sure does seem to be that and more. It is crushing to see Dan put on the gallows( so to speak) again. Two others could/should have been cut- and Hilari was not one of them, want to guess ? (haha) :) :) Life goes on- Dan is successful with his own design company ; still it is quite irking to see him stepped on again!!!! Also things like that DOESN'T endear DESIGN STAR to most of the public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHARON ABBOTT on August 15, 2012 at 10:58 am
  4. As far as I am concerned, I don't need to watch anymore….. Dan was the only choice, the only true talent here and I think he should have won. Unfortunately, it seems he was eliminated over the color green and his talent and previous work was not even considered. So, I don't really care who wins now….no Dan, no watching!

Kate C on August 15, 2012 at 11:56 am
  5. Dan & Hilari should have won Episode 3. The judges kept reminding the decorators that the room needed
    to show well on TV & then chose the room that didn't show any design & was full of Tom's junk. Dan & Hilari's
    room used bright colors that showed up well on TV. I'm the mother of 2 girls, grandmother of 4 girls. &
    great-grandmother of 2 girls. If this room was for young girls, I can guarantee that none of my girls would have choses the room by Tom & Leslie. It seems like Dan always gets the short stick. On his original show,
    Antonio threw him under the bus & now he is eliminted for using color. Come on David! You're always
    preaching color!

Sue on August 15, 2012 at 12:10 pm
  6. NOOOOOOOO!!!! I can't believe that Dan is being sent home!!! I really question the judges on this one!! Such a shame!!! I agree that the green was a too bold, but the rest of the room was phenomenal!!! He would have been a great asset to HGTV!!! He's a great designer and takes incredible risks!!!

MirrorMirror12 on August 15, 2012 at 12:13 pm
  7. I thought I would never say this buuuuuut they need to get rid of VERN AND GEN. THEY ARE SO OUT DATED.

maria on August 15, 2012 at 1:13 pm
  8. The judges were right. Dan deserved to go home. He and Hilari's room was way to busy with bright colors. Didn't the girls study in that room? I like how Hilari presented a compromise, by having pops of the green. But Dan wouldn't listen to her or David. I thought the blue curtains helped, but that green could not escape the eye.

I like Hilari but I could have told her that poofs as a coffee table do not serve the function of a coffee table. Tom's tip was the first useful one I've seen yet, and they shields looked great. He should have won this week. Still, he needs to improve his camera appearances.

Design is cool on August 15, 2012 at 1:43 pm
  9. The two judge designers are not good designers themselves. How can they ever evaluate other designers' work? They will just pick what they were told to pick.

donewithdesignstar on August 15, 2012 at 3:19 pm
  10. At the end of last night's show I was totally gutted. I had the same feeling the first time when Dan lost to Antonio.
    Could not understand why I felt this way. The three remaining designers are all very gifted and deserve to be on the show. Finally realized that If Dan in reality is the same as he was on camera, he is the type of person you would want as a friend. From what I saw on television he would be the one person I would not hesitate to hand the keys to my home to and let him do what ever he wanted.
    I would know that it would be tasteful,amazing and one of a kind.
    Hopefully someday, The powers that be at HGTV or DIY will wake up and give Dan a show. In the mean time best of luck to the 3 finalists

Joe on August 15, 2012 at 3:25 pm