Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Aug 22

David on the All Stars Finale: The Toast Goes To…

David Bromstad Design Star All Stars Host

David breaks down the designs and the final decision. Plus, inside intel from the judging room.

Here’s what David had to say from the set:

Do you agree with David (and the judges)? Did the right designer win? Weigh in in the comments below.

Posted at 10:40 am

212 Comments

1. Elaine, you must be reading my mind! I was hoping they wouldn't play the race game, because it was so obvious that Hilari should have won. It's about the talent!
    Everyone knows that Leslie will never outdo Danielle or Hilari.

Vivssis

Vivssis on August 23, 2012 at 10:11 am
    • Are you serious? I fail to see where race even comes into play here.

maebob22 on August 23, 2012 at 1:22 pm
  2. I thought all 3 did a GREAT JOB. The winner should be the best overall and not just on the last challenge. Clearly the winner is and should be LeslieE. I found all her designs were class/practical, i personally appreciate that style.

trevs on August 23, 2012 at 10:13 am
    • I agree! I really like Leslie's approach. I found her tips really helpful and smart. Plus, she's great on camera. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.

ann brown on August 23, 2012 at 10:30 am
  3. Thank you! Yes Leslie did deserve the win and would be a great addition to any show on the network. Better yet, give her a show of her own!

ann brown on August 23, 2012 at 10:46 am
  4. I don't get this bashing on the judges. I think they made the right choice. I really like Leslie and hope to see more of her.

ann brown on August 23, 2012 at 10:53 am
  5. Oh please! Genevieve is NOT jealous of Hilari. And Hilari is not the most recent design star. She did not win season 7. I wish people would stop bashing the judges and their choice. Leslie won fair and square.

ann brown on August 23, 2012 at 10:58 am
  6. You may be on to something. I was wondering what's up.

ann brown on August 23, 2012 at 11:00 am
  7. No fault to Leslie, she tried and did her best to win. However, the judges (all of them), certainly did an injustice to Hilary. Every week her designs and presentations were really good and that charming personality and design creativeness were displayed in her work. Tom too, was certainly a talented designer and someone whose work can be admired. I think HGTV should be ashamed of themselves for allowing these judges to promote the wrong designer to win these perks by winning this competition. I'll be happy to see if HGTV can rectify this wrong to Hilary…

Also, angry on August 23, 2012 at 11:13 am
  8. First time to be truly disappointed in the selection of a Design Star. Danielle was a brilliant choice and her new show is delightful. However, Hilari,was definitely my runner up pick in the recent Design Star. And, Hillary was the undisputed winner throughout the ALL STAR episodes. Her performance, particularly in the final competition, wherein she really stretched and gave the judges something totally unexpected, and out of her comfort zone. She is also the only one of the 3 finalists to actually create a functional, livable space on her deck. By utilizing this as her dining area, she accomplished a really luxurious living and sleeping space. Her selection of the truly attractive open bookcase that was so multifunctional, and was much more unexpected than a Murphy Bed. She truly illustrated that though given small space in which to live – you could still 'live large' as an adult. A child's room was too easy and too expected. Tom did his usual fine job of fulfilling his desires for a space of his own; but never seemed to understand how to design anything outside of his comfort zone. Very disappointed in Genevieve's extreme criticism of Hilari's color choice – it read very well on camera. So Hilari…..for all your camera challenges, for your personality, for your ability to work with others, for your calm in the midst of chaos, for your fun design, for your taste for the comfortable to the elegant, for your ability to listen to the needs of others, for your ability to stretch beyond your comfort zone, and for your functionality,,,,hold your head high,, there is no stopping you – HGTV missed out by not selecting you. Hope to see you in a show soon as I miss you already.

stylestage_atl on August 23, 2012 at 11:31 am
  9. That's rediculous. What on earth would make you think the show is rigged? To what end? Leslie deserved the win. Her designs have been consistantly innovative and classy throughout season 6 and All Stars. Congrats Leslie!

gailed31 on August 23, 2012 at 11:32 am
  10. The best designer won! Congrats Leslie!

gailed31 on August 23, 2012 at 11:34 am