Bathroom floors got a beauty boost when Ann Sacks introduced this gorgeous new design by Andy Fleishman. The hexagon below is actually a concrete tile. It’s lovely and I’m not the only fan. Concrete, formerly reserved for old parking lots, is clearly a favorite medium for these folks who generously describe it in their newsletter. “The unique properties of concrete have been appreciated since ancient times, as evidenced by its presence in such architectural masterpieces as the Pantheon and Colosseum in Rome and the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul.” So there you go. If it’s good enough for Caesar, it’s good enough for your bath mat.

AS8857_maximus.jpg

More Beautiful Bathroom Ideas (HGTV Bath Design)

Design Inspiration

1. Andrea says:

This mat might take away the attention from the rest of a bathroom. It makes me dizzy and people will be spending alot of time in the bathroom staring at it. LOL!!

2. Liorah Carter says:

This floor is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! It would be great if my landlord would let me put this down in my house, but I guess I'll just have to continue dreaming…

3. camille says:

Charity, this art nouveau-inspired tile is fantastic! It would make a very stylish statement when used as the centerpiece of a solid-colored tile floor or wall.

4. Liorah Carter says:

This floor is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! It would be great if my landlord would let me put this down in my house, but I guess I’ll just have to continue dreaming…

5. Shirley says:

Charity…breathtakingly beautiful!! I would love to know the size of this…I think this would make a great outdoor tabletop! I also think it would make a great well..rug of sorts…like maybe having wood flooring around it…and if it were big enough…it would be like the inserted carpet in the middle of the wood…very nice!!

6. Charity says:

Hot off the website, I found out that this tile measures 12" x 13 7/8" x 3/4" (hexagon). Isn't it great? Enjoy!