Kitchen design has definitely hit new highs. If you’ve been thinking of doing a kitchen remodel this year, check out the neatest new options in this recap of 2006 design trends. From appliance drawers to eco-friendly design, this is not your mother’s kitchen. And sadly, it’s not mine either. Oh well. There’s always 2007…

Top 10 Kitchen Design Trends for 2006
Mini Appliance Drawers
Next-Gen Kitchen Islands
Kitchen Lifestyle Upgrades (Wine Fridges Everywhere!)
Outdoor Cooking & Entertaining
Old World Kitchen Design
Urban Designs
Daring Colors
Gourmet Appliances
Eco-Friendly Designs
Butler’s Pantries
Vintage Style

What’s your favorite look in kitchen design, new or old?

More ideas:
Start Designing Your Dream Kitchen Now (HGTVKitchen Design)
Tour the 2007 HGTV Dream Home Kitchen (below) (HGTV)

DH07_TA_kitchen_936x526_w609.jpg

Design Inspiration

1. K Clark says:

I am very disappointed in this year's Dream home.

2. nancy s says:

I think this home is so inviting. It makes you wish you were there even with all the snow!!! SNOW ME IN!!!!!!!

3. JULIA REYNOLDS says:

TOO MUCH BLUE !!!!!!!!!!!! SINCE THIS IS COLD COUNTRY, PROBABLY 65-70% OF THE YEAR… WARMER COLORS, IN MY OPINION, WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER..

THE DESIGN IS AWESOME… LOVED EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE COUNTERTOPS….

4. Beatriz says:

Disagree; lamps = restaurants & chairs isn't a cabin

5. TIm Jarek says:

It truely is our dream home. I can't wait to have a cold coors light around my new fire pit!!!!

6. candace says:

Very Stylish!!!!!!

7. Julie Reitz says:

I think this home shows quality along with craftsmanship. The blue reminds me of the country and it is the perfect setting for the country style touches throughout. I could move right in and be happy for the rest of my life. The only thing I have ever won was a can of coffee when I was 4 years old, so I doubt my luck will change now.

8. vickie glosser says:

I thinkk this years dream house is the perfect house
    in a great location
    v. glosser

9. Beverly Beal says:

Perfect house, very ski western design. Reminds me of old resort hotels in Yosemite, Yellowstone and Mt. Ranier State Park. Great job! We are trying to win for our daughter who lost her house in Katrina. She learned to ski at Winterpark years ago when she was four. Thanks for doing this each year, I hope you can continue this house each year.

10. Betty Kirk says:

This house is the one I have dreamed of for years. I just love the mountains and fresh
    air. To live in this house would make me
    forget all the urban/city living stress. I
    just love it !!