Kitchen design has definitely hit new highs. If you’ve been thinking of doing a kitchen remodel this year, check out the neatest new options in this recap of 2006 design trends. From appliance drawers to eco-friendly design, this is not your mother’s kitchen. And sadly, it’s not mine either. Oh well. There’s always 2007…

Top 10 Kitchen Design Trends for 2006
Mini Appliance Drawers
Next-Gen Kitchen Islands
Kitchen Lifestyle Upgrades (Wine Fridges Everywhere!)
Outdoor Cooking & Entertaining
Old World Kitchen Design
Urban Designs
Daring Colors
Gourmet Appliances
Eco-Friendly Designs
Butler’s Pantries
Vintage Style

What’s your favorite look in kitchen design, new or old?

More ideas:
Start Designing Your Dream Kitchen Now (HGTVKitchen Design)
Tour the 2007 HGTV Dream Home Kitchen (below) (HGTV)

DH07_TA_kitchen_936x526_w609.jpg

Design Inspiration

1. Vicki says:

It is a fantastic house in a fantastic setting.
    I look forward each year to this event!

2. Alice Christensen says:

Great house in a beautiful place. Would love to fulfill my dream of living in Colorado in a beautiful house. Have been going every year since 1975 and would love to be able to call it home!!

3. KMT says:

The kitchen is too dark. The blue countertops aren't a good thing. Blue decrease the appetite, and if used in the kitchen it should be used sparingly.

4. Mary Ann Vaughn says:

This place is truely a Rocky Mountain High. The craftsmanship is wonderful. I love the master bedroom and bath. I could move right in and curl up by the fireplaces all winter long. We visted Colorado last Oct. and fell in love with the country. This would be a perfect retirement home.

5. Rosemary says:

I was not so impressed this year with the dream home. I showed this dream home to my grandson and he was actually scared of it. He didn't like all the woods and the heads of animals he said,"would make him have nightmares". I think your next dream home should be somewhere that is not so woodsy.

6. Darlene Marie Ryan says:

All who enter this Dream Home kitchen will definitely pull out a stool and sit down,
    blue is in warm and enviting, Great Job HGTV!

Decorator/Designer Darlene

7. Karen Mraz says:

I absolutely love this home. I love the colors (especially the country blue, one of my favorites). I try to rememer to enter the contest everyday! I just retired and I could see myself being truly content in that home.

8. Shari Wicke says:

I think the home is AWESOME! Very warm and cozy feeling. I would have no problem settling right in with my friends and family in this Rocky Mountain High home. All that wood and light fixtures were very tastfully chosen.

Great Job HGTV!

9. Mary Ann Vaughn says:

10. Diana Kay says:

This is "truly" (notice the spelling) a dream home. I have lived in a small condo all my adult life, and it would be just a dream to have a house. Gorgeous!!! I want it….