Kitchen design has definitely hit new highs. If you’ve been thinking of doing a kitchen remodel this year, check out the neatest new options in this recap of 2006 design trends. From appliance drawers to eco-friendly design, this is not your mother’s kitchen. And sadly, it’s not mine either. Oh well. There’s always 2007…

Top 10 Kitchen Design Trends for 2006
Mini Appliance Drawers
Next-Gen Kitchen Islands
Kitchen Lifestyle Upgrades (Wine Fridges Everywhere!)
Outdoor Cooking & Entertaining
Old World Kitchen Design
Urban Designs
Daring Colors
Gourmet Appliances
Eco-Friendly Designs
Butler’s Pantries
Vintage Style

What’s your favorite look in kitchen design, new or old?

More ideas:
Start Designing Your Dream Kitchen Now (HGTVKitchen Design)
Tour the 2007 HGTV Dream Home Kitchen (below) (HGTV)

DH07_TA_kitchen_936x526_w609.jpg

Design Inspiration

1. debbie schilling says:

i love the home,we have 5 children and 3 grandchildren and we can see us as a family living in your winter wonderland. my sons love the snowboarding. what talented and insightful builders and designers you have.

2. debra lynn says:

Great job on the dream house. Would love to call it my home.

3. Teri Sorensen says:

I think the doggie dream home is perfect. I'm in the veterinary feild and feel the dog house is important. HGTV always thinks of the whole family. I love everything about the "Home".

4. Sally O says:

To wake up every morning and to see the Rocky Mountains is food for the soul. Thank you HGTV and the sponsors for allowing some very lucky family the chance to win this exquisite home with a majestic view!!!

5. mindy says:

My hubby would LOVE this place!!!! He grew up in AK, snowboarding and skiing, and now we live in super flat Illinois. And it's GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! When's the move in date??? :)

6. Denise Carruthers says:

Once again, I love the dream house. After Christmas I start looking forward to watching the Dream House special on New Year's Day. Our kids and dogs would love this house.

7. Scott & Shirley says:

We love everything about the dream home. Blue is our favorite color. The location in the mountains is awesome. Our son and family live in Denver. It would be wonderful to be able to be closer to them.

8. melissa mccauley says:

This house would deffinately be a dream come true. Many of our family members have moved to Colorado, as well as many of them already live there. It is our dream to move that way, but expect we will be saving for 20 years to do so. It would be amazing to win this beautiful home. We would live in it year round as I can work from home. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

9. Vanessa & Jay says:

An amazing home. As a young couple with a toddler and searching for 'the perfect home' in a low price range – we think this is immaculate… anyone would love to have such a place to call thier own! Great job to those who were involved in its design and construction!!

10. Scott & Shirley Long says: