Kitchen design has definitely hit new highs. If you’ve been thinking of doing a kitchen remodel this year, check out the neatest new options in this recap of 2006 design trends. From appliance drawers to eco-friendly design, this is not your mother’s kitchen. And sadly, it’s not mine either. Oh well. There’s always 2007…

Top 10 Kitchen Design Trends for 2006
Mini Appliance Drawers
Next-Gen Kitchen Islands
Kitchen Lifestyle Upgrades (Wine Fridges Everywhere!)
Outdoor Cooking & Entertaining
Old World Kitchen Design
Urban Designs
Daring Colors
Gourmet Appliances
Eco-Friendly Designs
Butler’s Pantries
Vintage Style

What’s your favorite look in kitchen design, new or old?

More ideas:
Start Designing Your Dream Kitchen Now (HGTVKitchen Design)
Tour the 2007 HGTV Dream Home Kitchen (below) (HGTV)

DH07_TA_kitchen_936x526_w609.jpg

Design Inspiration

1. Doreen Johnson says:

Feb 1979, My husband and I honeymooned in Colorado (skiing), We always said we would bring our children there someday! Maybe even relocate. Years later it would be wonderful (a dream of ours) to live there. I love the colors, the architect, the Views of the mountains. WE love to ski, and can see ourselves with lots of friends and family that would enjoy it with us. Thanks for airing this – even if it just gave me a month of wonderful dreams.

2. Charles says:

Overall the house is very nice. Who wouldn't want to own it? However, I agree with many of the previous respondents regarding the use of blue. Blue is not appropriate for a home in the Colorado mountains. The home has a 'country feel' not a mountain feel – big difference. Next time HGTV builds a house in the West, they should pick a designer who understands that difference. More appropriate interior design would have made the house spectacular.

3. Rebecca Hennen says:

Love the house in the Mountains! I find my spirit in the Mountains. My daughter lives in Littleton, CO finishing College, we are already making plans to share the house!

4. angela says:

I love it! Can I have it? Thanks. =)

5. Laura says:

Looking at the pictures of this house, I could just imagine having my whole family together for the Holidays! It would be great to sit around one of the many fireplaces with a cup of hot chocolate and warm fuzzy slippers watching the wildlife out the amazing windows. What a lucky person to win this dream house of many!

6. Bernadette says:

Love the home, but we like many of your viewers could not afford to keep it! Why not design something in a beautiful location, but a little more practical for the average family.

7. Tammy says:

Having lived in Colorado for 20 years, the outside amazingly reflected the environment. Questioned all the blue inside though. Would love to move back someday.

8. Philipsnana says:

Hubby and I are retired, living a fixer-upper. Too late for us to start over. I want the dream home for my son and his family. He is an under-paid math prof. They are in a fixer-upper and could use a new start. It really is a dream home

9. Jeanne says:

The Dream Home is truly a Dream Home as far as my husband and I are concerned. We watched the tour of the home on HGTV together. We were WOWED! I lived in Colorado for 6 years before we were married. We used to travel to Colorado every year to ski but as the family grew and got older and the grandchildren came along it has gotten harder and harder to pick a time that there is good snow for skiing and we can all get away at that specific time. We are looking so forward to winning that Dream Home! We are just 5 years away from retirement, we have 6 grown children and so far 9 grandchildren with more to come. What a lovely place for the family to come for Holidays and vacation. We are an outdoor family with horses for trailriding and love skiing. We loved everything about the "country log home". What a great job! Jeanne

10. Michele says:

I think this years dream home is remarkable!!Very pleased with the amount of people it could host as well as the open layout.Very beautiful, can't wait to win the HGTV Dream Home of 2007 for my family!!!!

• Printable Happy Halloween Banner