Kitchen design has definitely hit new highs. If you’ve been thinking of doing a kitchen remodel this year, check out the neatest new options in this recap of 2006 design trends. From appliance drawers to eco-friendly design, this is not your mother’s kitchen. And sadly, it’s not mine either. Oh well. There’s always 2007…

Top 10 Kitchen Design Trends for 2006
Mini Appliance Drawers
Next-Gen Kitchen Islands
Kitchen Lifestyle Upgrades (Wine Fridges Everywhere!)
Outdoor Cooking & Entertaining
Old World Kitchen Design
Urban Designs
Daring Colors
Gourmet Appliances
Eco-Friendly Designs
Butler’s Pantries
Vintage Style

What’s your favorite look in kitchen design, new or old?

More ideas:
Start Designing Your Dream Kitchen Now (HGTVKitchen Design)
Tour the 2007 HGTV Dream Home Kitchen (below) (HGTV)

DH07_TA_kitchen_936x526_w609.jpg

Design Inspiration

1. Cherry says:

THE HGTV DREAM HOME IS AWESOME!! FROM THE LOCATION, DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION, AND DECORATING!
    I THOUGHT 2006'S WAS WONDERFUL BUT THIS OUTSTANDING. OUR FAMILY HAS MANY GREAT MEMORIES OF VACATIONS AND HARVESTING WHEAT IN THE BEAUTIFUL STATE OF COLORADO. I WISH EVERYONE WHO
    ENTERS COULD WIN IT FOR THEIR FAMILY BUT I HOPE
    OUR FAMILY IS SO BLESSED!

2. Jenny Bruce says:

Evey year my husband and I look forward to the Dream Home that HGTV comes up with. It is very gracious of everyone involved. Who wouldn't want to live in one of the most beautiful states and be able to retire there. We have often talked about retirement and this would be the perfect oportunity for it. Thank you for your graciousness and time and talent.

3. Stephenie Minor says:

You could not have picked a more incredible location for this years dream home. I think you all have packed a lot of great extra's in evry room. The bunk room was also a great idea. Thank you for giving us great design ideas year after year.

4. I LOVE THIS HOME I CAN SEE MYSELF THERE BUT I HAVE NEVER WON ANY THING IN MY LIFE BUT THE PICTURE OF THIS HOME TOLD ME TO ENTER.

5. susan says:

As a kitchen designer, I have to comment! It's really blue! What I do like a lot are the lamps in the kitchen on the countertop. Practical- who knows, but warm and charming, yes! It's also quite eclectic, with the rustic stools and the contemporary refrigerator hardware, simple cabinet lines and te floor with great character to it. Eclectic design is very interesting to be surrounded by.

6. Christy says:

Love the house! The designers took a leap with the blue and I think it looks great. Not many people would be brave enough to try this on their own. But watch… blue will be the next black for 2007

7. Flo says:

The house is beautifully decorated and stunning all on its own! Considering where and the way my husband and I have been living for the last two and half years the dog house appears more than inviting and probably a notch above our current digs!

8. Kimberly says:

I Love Blue!
    I Love Colorado!
    Can not wait to win!
    Congrats Dream Home Team on another beautiful Home!

9. Brenda Nimmo says:

This year's dream home would be a dream come true.
    I love the location, the blue in the kitchen, and all the rest of the beautiful house. The windows are beautiful. It would be magic and a retirement for me after years of nursing. You all did a great job.

Brenda

10. Barbara Snook says:

Forty years ago Ken and I went to Winter Park on our honeymoon. Last year I took my 7 year old grandson skiing there. This home is just beautiful, and we would love living there.
    Barbara Snook