Kitchen design has definitely hit new highs. If you’ve been thinking of doing a kitchen remodel this year, check out the neatest new options in this recap of 2006 design trends. From appliance drawers to eco-friendly design, this is not your mother’s kitchen. And sadly, it’s not mine either. Oh well. There’s always 2007…

Top 10 Kitchen Design Trends for 2006
Mini Appliance Drawers
Next-Gen Kitchen Islands
Kitchen Lifestyle Upgrades (Wine Fridges Everywhere!)
Outdoor Cooking & Entertaining
Old World Kitchen Design
Urban Designs
Daring Colors
Gourmet Appliances
Eco-Friendly Designs
Butler’s Pantries
Vintage Style

What’s your favorite look in kitchen design, new or old?

More ideas:
Start Designing Your Dream Kitchen Now (HGTVKitchen Design)
Tour the 2007 HGTV Dream Home Kitchen (below) (HGTV)

DH07_TA_kitchen_936x526_w609.jpg

Design Inspiration

1. Barbara Wilson says:

Love the Dream House. Just what we need. It would be a great retirement home for me and my husband. The whole family would enjoy. Hope I win!!!

2. angela smith says:

this year's dream home would be a dream come true.however the kitchen counter is to blue it should have warmer colours.

3. angela smith says:

this year’s dream home would be a dream come true.however the kitchen counter is to blue it should have warmer colours.

4. june l walker says:

Love the house an the location. It would truly be a dream home for our family. june

5. PAM GEYER says:

I LIKE THE STYLE OF THE HOUSE, BUT IT SEEMS TOO DARK FOR A SKI & WOODS SETTING. I DON'T LIKE THE BLUE COUNTERTOPS IN THE KITCHEN-SHOULD BE A WARMER FEEL.

6. Serah says:

The lamps are hideous, and I don't care for the plaid even if this IS a country style home. I like the blue, but there are so many better options for lighting that could have been used than those lamps. Even if lamps were acceptable for kitchen lighting, which in my opinion they are not, those are way too tall. Yuck.

7. mikelombardy says:

Looks good but brown and blue are not blending .