Now you see it, now you don’t. That’s the easy breezy philosophy behind these kicky new vinyl wall graphics ($50) from Greener Grass Design (which gets points for having a name with such tude.) Here’s what they have to say about their stuff:

With Vinyl, an alternative to wallpaper, the principle of the collection is simple: literally hand over to users who are invited to transform their interior into an area for expression and design their own decor. Beyond the practical interest it represents (no longer any need for glue or a pasting table); the Vinyl collection enables new thought to be given to the place and role of the ornamental pattern in our interiors.

Well, ok!

So what do you think? So long stencils? Were we better off with borders? Has anyone tried something like this? Let’s see.

hiwt-409_vinylwalldecor_FullSize.jpg

Design Inspiration

1. Connie says:

I think its a great idea, especially for people who rent. Some places won't allow you to paint. It would be nice to see something besides white walls. Great for decorating kids rooms! If it comes off clean no problem. Connie

2. Deborah L. Harkner says:

I think that it is great, you can truly put up your very own personality. I'm sure not all will agree with your ideas, but I feel this will go a long way, I would do something like this myself. Another great thing about this is that it seems very easy to do and move when you want to. I hope this is as easy to move as it sounds. Thanks, Debbie Harkner

3. Jennifer ZInk says:

I used something like this to decorate my neices' and nephew's room. The ones I got came from Wal-Mart — Pooh, Nascar and also "pink princess" stuff. They are awesome, because you can move them and change them as the kids grow and their tastes change. It's a quick and easy way to add some (removable) flair to a plain wall.

4. Lorna Acuna says:

its nice and pretty! neat looking!

5. Jennifer Wilton says:

They really are great. Easy to remove with no trace left on the wall. We used them in my sons nursery. He is two now and I am still trying to scrape off the border but the "stickers" were a peice of cake! I put them on freezer paper and handed them down to a friends daughter. And they still adhere to her new walls.

6. Kim says:

I've used the removable vinyl things like this before. The ones I had were for a kid's room with flowers and watering cans, etc. When I took them off after a year or so, there was some sticky residue remaining on the wall. They may have been an early version but be prepared with some goo-off or degreaser. My son was given some of the Finding Nemo kind and I put them up still. The glue was a little less tacky though.

7. Kirsten says:

They are ok, but I found if you reposition them once or twice the edges get all nasty and it's easy to get dirt on them. And if left too long, residue does remain :(

I prefer the new dry rub stencils that look hand painted. You have to paint over them but can't tell where they were, but when I redo a room I'd repaint anyway so I think it is much easier.

8. Diana says:

I absolutely love it!
    I think I might try it out with my room!. =]

9. Claudia says:

I look forward to your Dream House designs every year. This year i love the crafts it's great.I hope i can have an imput to help disign a kitchen for you in the future, even if i live outside of the U.S.