Color, glorious color! From cabinets to appliances, it’s everywhere at KBIS. The Italian designers stand out for their fearless commitment to eye-popping brights, with tangerine cabinets and cobalt, crimson and sunshine-yellow ranges.

If earth tones or vintage colors are more your speed, you’re in luck. Dacor’s sage, graphite and fawn-colored appliances, which get their color from floating glass panels, make you feel like you’re walking through a Zen garden. La Cornue, Heartland and Aga pay homage to the past with nostalgia-inducing colors, offering appliance suites in creamy white and ranges in the blue-green of a classic Thunderbird.

Metals bring their own hues to the game. Copper appears in sinks and tubs, while bronze and brass show up as accents on ranges and dishwashers. And of course, stainless is everywhere, sleek and cool.

The big trend is mixing colors to achieve a custom look. I’ve seen glittering blue-green glass blacksplashes with chocolate cabinets, pewter countertops on cherry islands and an array of interchangeable finials and handles that let you customize your faucets and appliances to get the color combo you want, right when you want it.

Earth tones, vintage colors, mixing colors and customization…watch for them over the next year as the trends go from the “runways” of KBIS to a showroom near you.

Design Inspiration

1. Tesla321 says:

I can really see the mixture of colors and long for a cherry island and pewter countertop!

2. ktallman says:

Sounds beautiful! Could you post some pictures? Thanks!

3. Marita says:

Color sounds Good. Has evevyone seen Color Splash By David B. ? I Here Its to be good . My only Problem Is I Am Out Number At My Place And Wresting Takes Proidy. They Both Start At 9:00 P.M. on Monday. We Are Working On A Compermize

4. Melissa says:

My husband & I build our home seven yrs. ago and we are just now painting the rooms. We have four children and I did their rooms last yr. (what they wanted). The rest of the house is this yr. We have choosen these colors. Soft Tan, Rainstorm, Fine Wine, Moderate White, Andiron, and Restained Gold. We want to use all these colors to bring the rooms together, but yet seporate them. Can you give us some ideals.
    Family room, Dinning room, breeze way, open stairway, walkway upstairs.

5. Dorthea Hayes says:

I painted my house on the outside cream beize,and I want to paint the trim rust.I wants to know will that work?

6. Dorthea Hayes says: