Spring is in full swing in most parts of the country, which means it’s time to break out the patio furniture. But if you’re tired of last year’s hunter green and beige patio set, you might be less than enthusiastic about spending time outside. Here are 5 timeless design ideas that will restore your faith in your outdoor decor.
1. Paint select portions of your wooden furniture to create interest like Rate My Space user danap did. I love how her earthy choices of green and red blend seamlessly into the landscape. Did you notice the green-painted spindles on the bench? How about the Zen gazing ball? Extra points if you spot the colored planters.
2. Yellow, gray and black are the go-to color trio this spring, but the color scheme has been around for a while (hello, bumblebee!). Create a spring table setting outdoors with a gray tablecloth over an unsightly table, and add black charger plates with yellow napkins.
3. Tulips are one of the hallmark flowers of spring, so gather a container filled with rocks (to keep it steady) and arrange bursts of tulip color wherever your outdoor space needs it. Especially beautiful next to a chair or bench at your front door.
4. Take a can of spray paint to your aluminum furniture. Black is always classic, but you might experiment with deep brown to simulate the look of wood.
5. Invest in a new umbrella for your patio set. Changing up the umbrella to a bright, bold color like red will always be in style.
If you prefer trendy style or are bored with the same-old outdoor style, check out these fabulous outdoor room trends.
And if you’re not quite ready to head outside because it’s still snowing, you can always bring the garden to you.