Design HappensGuest Blogger: Chelsey Bowen, decorating editor, HGTV.com

Lately, we’ve showed you a lot green, eco-friendly designs, but I think it’s time we give the color green a little love. Green is often used to create a calming environment, but it can also infuse a space with natural energy, depending on the shade.

Dig in to some of my favorite green rooms on HGTV.

kimj-green-nursery.jpg
This whimsical nursery uses bright green walls as the backdrop for fun primary colors. Photo by KimJ

chelsea-green-dining-room.jpg
A green room infused with black and white takes this breakfast nook from Kermit to classy. Photo by Chelsea Ahlgrim

constance-ramos-green-bedroom.jpg
Since blue absorbs light, designer Constance Ramos uses a green with more yellow in it to brighten this cottage-style bedroom.

beth-haley-green-kitchen.jpg
Soft greens used for the glass tile backsplash and cabinetry create a warm, Scandinavian atmosphere in this kitchen. Design by Beth Haley

stephanie-mcwilliams-green-office.jpg
In feng shui, the color green promotes growth, so designer Stephanie McWilliams uses the shade to create a wealth-enhancing home office.

More Green Ideas:

Naturally Sophisticated Green
Healing Green
Let Green Grow on You

1. batteries says:

Maybe, even an acid-green and bring in white and black accessories to tie it in with the living room.

2. HI,IM HAVING TROUBLE WITH DESIGNING MY LIVING ROOM.JUST PAINTED MY WALLS A SAGE GREEN NOT SURE WHAT COLOR ACCENT BLEND IN.WHAT COLOR FURNITURE,CARPET OR AREA RUG I HAVE TILE FLOORS.AND WINDOW TREATMENT I HAVE ACHE WINDOW NEED COLOR HELP.AND,DININGROOM HELP LIVINGROOM AND DINING ROOM COMBINE TOGETHER.THANKS TJ OF TAMPA,FLA

3. Tyfini says:

Where do you think they got that rug? I'm trying to find one just like it and I can not! EEk!

4. Donna says:

We have a ceiling to floor fireplace that is painted
    white we want to paint it, do we have to use special
    paint? It is wood burning and we do use it in the winter.

The wall next to it is Sage Green on one side and Celery green on the other, we wanted to do a sand beige??

Thanks for your input.

Donna

5. shelia says:

i really like the color green. i want to paint my family room and kitchen area (ben moore baby turtle), i have no idea if this is the right choice. please help me with other suggestions. every room i want to paint, i only come up with green. HELP PLEASE.

6. shelia says:

i am also loo king for a warm soothing color for my master bedroom and bath. i like the spa looks but i think i want something different. i have golden hardwood floors and beige tile in my bath. i get much natural lighting in the bath but not too much in the bedroom. i have dark brown furniture in my bedroom that has specks of gold around the trim with a tall headboard ( about 2 feet from the 8 ft. ceiling) i really don't like my bed any more but i have to live with it a little longer. i am open to all suggestions. thanks

7. I have a very small bathroom with the old avocado green fixtures. The master bath is attached to this room. I have oak wood flooring with a cherry bedroom suite, cherry louver doors on the closets, cherry wood blinds and cherry trim throughout. Can you suggest any color combos for bath and bedroom to make the compliment one another. If I need to, I will paint all the trim, louver doors and blinds. Please give me any help you can for the avocado green has me stumped. Thanks, Lillian

8. Sarah says:

I love the childrens room, where can I buy the alphabet rug from? looked all over the internet!