Shelly Riehl David zebra print
Designs by Shelly Riehl David

While designers like Shelly Riehl David are no stranger to designing with zebra, it seems like the rest of the design world is hopping on the safari bandwagon. I’ve seen spreads in recent design magazines devoted to the stripes and for good reason: zebra print is fun, unexpected and a conversation piece.

The best part is, any style is eligible. Check out how these contemporary, modern and even traditional rooms use the black and white to their advantage — and how you can, too!

1. le says:

that what i call style!!! we all have animal

2. ad says:

I have love and respect for animals.
    It's so unfair,wrong,and awful to blog about Zebra rugs.
    I don't need any of your decorating blog ideas if you are
    going to post blogs like this.

3. Floyd D. Barber says:

I think we're talking zebra-striped PRINTS here, not actual hides off of zebras.

4. david says:

Somebody please look how good new wallpaper looks now!! and use it.

5. Fran Etoch says:

I love all the rooms on this show.

I looked up how to be on HGTV and saw that the shows are in the LA area. Well, I live in the LA area……HA HA. That would be the LOUISVILLE KY area. I was so hoping for help in my walkout basement. Or my Back yard. BUT , NOOOOO, I guess you all are scared of nice people that would love some great help.

If you all ever change your mind about where you would an episode , Please contact me. I will be glad to let your design team have free reign of my walkout basement.

Sincerely,
    Fran Etoch

6. Sophia says:

If you like Zebra prints, how about one for your toilet lid… check out Toilet Tattoos. Just got mine and love it, afterall, there is a little animal in all of us.

7. Sophie says:

To me, zebra looks outdated and is not very elegant.But a touch here and there is OK.

8. Mimi says:

I love zebra prints! They are sooooo cool!
    And fashionable. It is everywhere in my room.

9. jessica says:

Zebra ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Its not out dated but it must be decorated with certain specific color combinations and with respect to surroundings. Your combination is good but there is a capacity to make it best