So, U.S. postage went up (again) to .42 last month. While you could stick with the Liberty Bell forever stamps, I think I’ll head over to the post office on June 17 to pick up the Charles and Ray Eames collection. I mean, why shouldn’t my envelope look just as good as the card inside?

USPS Charles and Ray Eames stamps

Speaking of mid-century, did you catch this episode of Find Your Style? Check out the mid-century style makeover:

mid-century style room

Designers & Shops

1. LoriBee says:

The fun stamps and lovely MCM room featured above remind me of my Paul McCobb dining room! I was way out of my comfort zone trying to decorate that. Seems like simple, clean lines are the way to go! Thanks…

2. Glen Christopherson says:

How come if your a home & garden tv program that theres never any thing on about gardening ?? You use to have a master gardner on tv on saturday & sunday and then you took him off on sunday and now on saturday. We in Washington state dont care about home prices on the east coast and care less about fixing them up for sale, at least thats my opinion. It seems as that is all there is on on the week-ends. It gets a little tiresome to listen to that every week-end.

3. I just now discovered your blog, and my oh my, I have found so much inspiration here. I love these stamps, they are just too cool! I can't believe the cost now!!!!

4. Miranda says:

I did see this mid-century style makeover of FYS (pictured above) and I loved it. I was wondering if someone could tell me the materials they used on the fireplace. Last I checked, it wasn't on the list of other materials used in the room. Peter talked about it but I can't find any info on it and would like to do that at my house. Thanks.

5. Brianna says:

I missed the FYS episode but the room looks great. I love Find Your Style.

6. This room is absolutely gorgeous!! Just the way I WISH my living room would look. But, It has given me some great ideas for our "new" living space when we have the money to do it…..bit by bit. Thanks HGTV for giving us fantastic TV episodes and a place to comment on rooms which have been finished by your designers!

7. nancy says:

candice olson on 3rd august 08, finally outshone herself. that is one of the best design from humble beginnings.

8. vicki maharaj says:

you do need to put on gardening shows, and not at 6:OOAM I like decorating and gardening, but the other shows on real estate just isn't interesting. Thats when the channel changes

9. Gwen says:

I love it! Clean and crisp style and no clutter. Definitely my kind of space.

10. Allison says:

I like the Mid-Century room. It gives enough neutral with a compliment of boldness. We like our spaces to be somewhat neutral, but like to spice it up with bold color accessories.

Thanks for sharing.