It’s easy to let major lifestyle changes — like being more eco-friendly — turn into a chore.

When I started beefing up my recycling regime, every last plastic yogurt container or clothing price tag took up precious space in my apartment until my biweekly trip to the recycling center. (Tip: I use the SORTERA containers from Ikea.) Then, I’d have to haul the containers up stairs and into my car, which is not so bad when it’s sunny and 65 degrees, except it never was.

Small price to pay in order to know that my stuff won’t be taking up space someplace much worse: a landfill. But if I thought I was being green with my lifestyle, boy was I wrong after talking with Josh Foss (“Organic Josh” from Design Star 2) and Carter Oosterhouse of Carter Can and the upcoming series Red Hot and Green. In fact, Josh took public transportation to the studio for this interview.

green-podcast-carter-josh.jpg
Carter and Josh

This latest podcast is all about being green — from building to living to decorating — and how to be happy doing it.

Download: The exclusive green podcast featuring Josh Foss and Carter Oosterhouse

Also, catch my Design Star podcast with Josh Foss, where we talk about last season. P.S. How excited are you for Sunday?

Inspiring Spaces

1. TessrTorn says:

Apple Inc.'s new data synching service got off to a rocky start Thursday, as some users were denied access to their accounts just hours before the next-generation iPhone is slated to go on sale.

2. Jodi says:

I am interested in finding out about resurfacing my kitchen counter tops with cement/concrete. I saw a quick commercial of you brushing on concrete to a counter top… going green…

As per above
    I also saw that commercial with the guy painting the concrete on the countertop. I can't find any iformation on that. Please send me info.

3. JERRI says:

I AM ALSO A HUGE FAN OF CARTER AND LOVE THE FACT THAT HE SEEMS SO VERY GENUINE. I ALSO AM INTERESTED IN THE INFORMATION FROM THE COMMERCIAL WITH CARTER PAINTING THE CONCRETE ON THE COUNTERTOP. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AND ASKING UNSUCCESSFULLY. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE.

4. mommyb4 says:

I saw on a show on HGTV (I believe it was Look What I did), a woman that made all sorts of things from papier-mache, including her bathroom floor. I think this is wonderfully innovative and very green. I was wondering if you could send me in the right direction to learn how to do something like this? Thanks!

5. Joyce is right. Green is going to take us back to much less of a consumer society and those who lived through the depression or grew up like Joyce doing without, never had the luxury of being big consumers but my kids are growing up in a very affluent society and need to learn to live Green.Most young people today live a very disposable life style and your show speaks to them. My hat's off to those who lived Green out of necessity. To those who live Green by choice. Thank you!

6. susan says:

I am also interested in resurfacing my exisitng counter tops with concrete. I saw a segement of a kitchen makeover that used a 3 or 4 coat process. Can you tell me more?

7. dolores brunelli says:

My newlywed daughter and her husband caught an episode featuring a company called greensofas and ordered a sofa and oversized chair. Since they are just starting out they saw now reason not to order from this company. Now after trying several times to email and call the company are receiving no response. Do you know anything about the reliability of the company. We are distressed as they used a debit card as a deposit on their order.

8. Michael says:

Even if I wasn't environmentally conscious I would watch the show just to stare at Carter.