Monica-Pedersen.jpg

Having trouble finding the perfect shade for your entryway? Did you try out a disastrous new color palette and don’t know how to fix it? Designer Monica Pedersen of Designed to Sell will answer your questions in her upcoming video series.

Post your color dilemmas here and we’ll pick the best ones and send them to Monica. Be sure to include your first name, city and state.

Here’s an example to get you started:
Hi Monica,
I’m having a hard time finding the right blue for my bedroom. What are your suggestions for picking the perfect hue?
Chelsey from Knoxville, TN

The new video series will appear this fall on HGTV.com. Stay tuned!

Designers & Shops

1. Sally says:

Hi Monica, I have been searching for a color for my bedroom for 2 years now. It is currently a green with a blue hue and it is not soothing at all. I now have dark wood furniture and have used a chocolate brown coverlet, gold bedskirt. I recently painted my master bath a gold with orange tendancy. Can I do one wall with the strong gold and the others using 2-3 shades lighter or is this "out of style"? It is driving me crazy with this decision.

2. Jaleesa says:

I have painted my bathroom a bright pink, for the bottom half is white ceramic tile trimed in black. My bathroom is full of Marilyn Monroe pictures. I want to keep that old HollyWood feel. What colors will go good with the pink, and all my Marilyn pictures is B&W.
    Thanks, Jaleesa

3. Gabrielle says:

My sister and I are wanting to suprise her "husband" by redecorating their bedroom with his fave. football team colors(The Chicago Bears). He can't seem to let go of making everything in the house brown. So this leaves us with dark blue, orange and brown. My sister has to live with this as well. Is there anyway to incorporate these three colors in a modern yet eligant way that both my sister and her man can live with and love?

4. Thalia says:

Hi Monica,

I have choosen a nice green color for my living area and wanted to do a pumpkin, spice sort of color for the dining area but I am having trouble finding the right color and concerned that when I do it will not flow with the green. Do you have any suggestions?

5. Colleen says:

Hi Monica,
    I have a living room with Arizona White walls, beige colored carpet, white trim, four 6 foot windows with oval shaped tops covering one entire wall, a 2 story sloped ceiling, and sky lights. I would like to create a warm inviting space with color that would compliment an old world or tuscan style. Please suggest a color pallate for this very bright but boring room.

6. Tammie says:

Hi Monica,

My color delima is with my kitchen. My cabinets are sort of blond, maple. Bland I would call them & the walls are a soft yellow. Problem is the trim around windows (over the sink & a bay window) is stained medium oak). The floors are a dark gray slate and appliances cream color. For the life of me, I cannot come up with a color to paint this room. I love greens, browns, and earth tones. I just do not want the room to look dark. Please can you help me with some ideas. If I could I would sent you a picture. It's so depressing.
    Tammie

7. Linda says:

Hi! My color dilemma has been going on forever! We have a house that we built 14 years ago. The kitchen, dinette, great room and dining room are all very open. Our wood throughout is oak. Right now our kitchen is yellow, while the dinette and great room are a dark clay color. My dilemma is two-fold; 1) I love the look of white wood but I don't know if it is practical to paint our oak wood white. And if not, does it look bad to mix white or cream colored furniture in a home that has oak wood? I am also leaning toward painting the entire space a mellow sage green because I would like to have accents in a light yellow and raspberry. My style is pretty much rustic, country and shabby-chic. Any help would be appreciated:)

8. Danielle says:

Hi Monica,

We remolded are kitchen on a very small budget so we kept are fairly new white appliance. We did get new maple cabinets, natural wood floor with granite countertops (yellow river) tan with black fleck. You see where I’m gong with this; we now see a sea of tan. To be fair we our drawn to earth tone colors, but the kitchen was our one chance to make a so so room great. The kitchen opens to our dining with a new maple table with a glass top. We are not afraid of color just unsure how to spice up a monochromatic scheme by using different textures, patterns and fabrics as accents, with a comfortable dining area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stuck in a color vortex
    Danielle
    Sacramento CA

9. Patsy from Lake Char says:

My upstairs bathroom has blue toilet, tub, sink and baby blue ceramic tile on the counter. The cabinetry is ash stained dark walnut. The floor is a solid vinyl brown square tile design. What do you suggest for wall color and accents? Thanks.

10. Jen says:

Hi Monica, I'm very excited about my new loft with huge windows and 14 foot ceilings. However, the apartment has gray carpeting throughout. I usually prefer warm tones of browns and oranges but with the cool gray carpet, what are some of my sofa and accent color options?