Monica-Pedersen.jpg

Having trouble finding the perfect shade for your entryway? Did you try out a disastrous new color palette and don’t know how to fix it? Designer Monica Pedersen of Designed to Sell will answer your questions in her upcoming video series.

Post your color dilemmas here and we’ll pick the best ones and send them to Monica. Be sure to include your first name, city and state.

Here’s an example to get you started:
Hi Monica,
I’m having a hard time finding the right blue for my bedroom. What are your suggestions for picking the perfect hue?
Chelsey from Knoxville, TN

The new video series will appear this fall on HGTV.com. Stay tuned!

Designers & Shops

1. Terrie Collins says:

I have vintage deep turquoise leather office chairs and a huge old mahogany country table that I love in my dining room. I also have a broken pedestal corner curio, royal blue carpet, a rustic metal wine rack, and an oriental screen to divide the room from the living room. I love these pieces but the room doesn't work because I have my computer desk in there, and a boring light. It is 12 X 12, and the walls are yellow, the and so are the curtains, the ceiling is white. Thinking of painting it white because I love the contrast of white/turquoise and white/royal. How can I fix this room?

2. Chris says:

Monica,

We are having trouble picking a wall color for our den. The room is dominated by a mauve sectional, and the carpet is white, forrest green, pick, and baby blue. The room also has a great source for natural light. What color do you suggest for the walls?

3. tiffany says:

i have dark mahogony furniture in my bedroom, i was wanting to now what color paint would go good with it. i don't care for bright or colors that are to dark. i'd like for the room to feel refresing. any suggestions would be great

4. GIANNA says:

Hi Monica,
    I am building a new home. The brick color is predominately red. I have white windows installed. I would like to have a black front door. My question is this: Can I have a white garage door? The garage is in the front of the house. I have been told that I need to make the garage door a similar color of the red in my brick.
    What do you think?

5. Sheryl says:

Aloha Monica!
    We just moved into our house in Hawaii. The main level is the kitchen, dining room & living room in an open design and painted shades of mustard yellow, pale pea green & barely cream…love the design, but not the colors. The yellow causes our contemporary light-wood dining room set to blend in blah & our new sectional sofa is black with white fabric. I want a color palette in shades of blues which will show off the furniture without being too bold, as my husband is a fan of neutral walls & I of color…but we agree we both like blue! Where do I start?

6. kristen says:

Hi Monica!

My bedspread is black and tan and i'm trying to pick an accent color(s) to go with that. I was thinking red and chocolate brown. Do you think that would work?

7. maria says:

Hi Monica,
    I just painted my living room with a faux finish in a caramel color, I have plum colored couches and the theme in the room is wine/ tuscan…i need an area rug and I am having a hard time trying to decide what color or even style,,, can you help me???

maria, new jersey

8. Sheree Kinghorn says:

I need help on deciding a color for my front porch furniture. I have a front porch (40' long) than goes across the front of my house. I recently repainted the house with Sherwin Williams paint. The front siding is Bunglehouse Gray, the shutters are Roy Croft Bronze Green and the front door is Sundried Tomato and all trim is white. I have swings (one on each end of the porch) and adirondack chairs. Can you please help me to decide a color for the furniture. The swings are white now and I would really like to change the color, but not sure to use one of the existing colors or something different to add to the mix. Thank you for any help you can give.

9. Judy Smith says:

Hi! I am having trouble picking a color for my living room walls that will coordinate all of the elements in it. There is a large fireplace with pink-beige sandstone. The carpet is sage green and the upholstered furniture is a loud blue, green plaid, plus one chair in a yellowish tapestry. The dining table, chairs, etc are old fashioned mahogany from the 30s. I chose a beige with pink overtones because of the fireplace, but it doesn't look right with the other stuff. Suggestions please. Thanks.

10. Terri says:

we have a new addition/great room…the hearth (terra cotta octogonal tile) opens to it as does the kitchen (cherry hardwood floors/cabinets) what color/floors can we use to flow into the new space and have a tuscan feel?
    thanks!