Monica-Pedersen.jpg

Having trouble finding the perfect shade for your entryway? Did you try out a disastrous new color palette and don’t know how to fix it? Designer Monica Pedersen of Designed to Sell will answer your questions in her upcoming video series.

Post your color dilemmas here and we’ll pick the best ones and send them to Monica. Be sure to include your first name, city and state.

Here’s an example to get you started:
Hi Monica,
I’m having a hard time finding the right blue for my bedroom. What are your suggestions for picking the perfect hue?
Chelsey from Knoxville, TN

The new video series will appear this fall on HGTV.com. Stay tuned!

Designers & Shops

1. Linda Lake Worth, Fl says:

Hello Monica,
    I have lived in this house 4 years and have chosen to ignore my kitchen completely! It's all because the previous owners had a corian countertop installed with a color of blue that I personally feel does not compliment another color in the world! It's a medium dusty blue with minute flecks of navy and white. My floors are white tile, the appliances are bisque and the cabinets are bisque with that tell tale 1980's wooden strip across each door and drawer! Yikes!
    Can you suggest a color for the walls and window treatments to compliment such a dull and cold color? Also, is there a treatment to get rid of those unsitely wooden strips on the cabinets?
    Thanx for any help you can afford me!
    Linda, Lake Worth, Fl

2. Cindy in Florida says:

Hi Monica!

Do you have any new ideas for patio doors? Ours are eight feet wide and I am tired of the choices out there! We've had verticals and draperies, but I'd like something with cleaner lines. Also, it needs to be budget minded! What do you think?

3. ninoska says:

Hi Monica,
    I am having a problem selecting a nice nuetral color for my living room, I have black furniture and the walls are yellow but I would like to change the color. Could you give me and idea?
    Thankyou for any help you can give me.

4. Susan Rudeseal says:

I have an open plan great room dining and kitchen> My walls are painted pecan valspar . it is a really pretty yellow with brown tones. a cranberry background fabric print with flowers and fruit tie the rooms together. It has a lot of pretty golds greens and some blues. My kitchen cabinets are golden oak. My question is my awful ceiling (9 feet) has stamped white cottage cheese stuco stuff. I want to change this and need your suggestion as to what material to use and what color to use? I know the texture will be a job to remove. Is there a material that you would suggest to cover this?/ Thanks susan

5. denise moitinho says:

Hi MOnica,
    I am having a hard time with colors for my bedroom. I have a light brown with light blue spread on my bed. I painted three walls nude/light brown colors and the focal wall where my bed is I painted a grayish blue. I am not sure about how to pick my accent color. I thought about bergundy,since the nude/brownish color has some red in it. However,I am not happy with it. What do you think?

6. Mimi says:

Hi Monica,
    My living furniture is slate blue and off white. I have brick red slipcovers for winter. What light color can I paint my stark white walls that will go with both?

7. Betty Lamp says:

THANK YOU, Monica!
    AT LAST, SOMEONE I CAN ASK!!
    My question: I have light oak floors, light oak base trim, light oak 6 panel doors, and drywall wrapped windows. I really, really want to put in crown molding but I don't want to put in oak. Can I put in white crown without it looking really bad?
    My walls are all painted a med to darker color and my ceilings are white. I have white medalions in 4 rooms.
    HELP!!!
    thanks.

8. Jennifer says:

Hi Monica,
    I just bought my first house and am having a hard time deciding what to do with my pink tiled bathroom. Do you have any suggestions for a wall color that goes well with pink??
    thanks!
    Jen in KC,MO

9. Norka says:

HI, I need an advice to paint a bedroom. It's small, no much light. Can you give some ideas?

10. Linda Lake Worth, Fl. says:

Hello Monica,
    I have lived in this house 4 years and have chosen to ignore my kitchen completely! It’s all because the previous owners had a corian countertop installed with a color of blue that I personally feel does not compliment another color in the world! It’s a medium dusty blue with minute flecks of navy and white. My floors are white tile, the appliances are bisque and the cabinets are bisque with that tell tale 1980′s wooden strip across each door and drawer! Yikes!
    Thanx for any help you can afford me!
    Linda, Lake Worth, Fl