Monica-Pedersen.jpg

Having trouble finding the perfect shade for your entryway? Did you try out a disastrous new color palette and don’t know how to fix it? Designer Monica Pedersen of Designed to Sell will answer your questions in her upcoming video series.

Post your color dilemmas here and we’ll pick the best ones and send them to Monica. Be sure to include your first name, city and state.

Here’s an example to get you started:
Hi Monica,
I’m having a hard time finding the right blue for my bedroom. What are your suggestions for picking the perfect hue?
Chelsey from Knoxville, TN

The new video series will appear this fall on HGTV.com. Stay tuned!

Designers & Shops

1. TGT6825 says:

Hi, I am redoing my dining room and have a question on what color you should paint crown molding. My ceilings are a low 8 foot, and I wondered if the crown should be white like the ceiling or the wall color? Will painting it the same as the walls make the ceiling look higher?

2. Maria Berges says:

Hi Monica, i need to know what kind of paint I have to use over existing tile?

3. Sara says:

Monica,
    My house was built in the late 70"s and the dark trim and doors prevent me from using anything but light colors on the walls. Can I paint the trim and leave the doors dark (saw this on a site and it looked pretty good) and must I do all the trim on the first floor? Problem is the dining room has a beautiful cathedral ceiling and the beams are dark. I chose a paint color that works well with them. I have some ideas for the other rooms but can't follow through with the dark trim. Would appreciate any help you can give.
    Regards,
    Sara

4. victoria says:

i need help…i have a light yellowish wall with olive green curtains>will like the know the colours to use for the beddings,really nice colors that will make the olive green popo

5. Ruth Hayes says:

I turned on your show Designed to sell (ran 1-15-11) and just as it was going off I noticed the bedroom done in Lavender and green. I thought this was absolutely beautiful. I didnt get to see enough to know how it was done….can you help and give me color names and maybe where I can look up on computer and see the whole episode. Thanks so much Ruth Hayes

6. Janie Sword says:

my inside door is white, the walls are light brown with white waynes coating. what color should I paint the door and what type of window treatment do I need to use.

7. lorraine flood says:

Hi Monica, My 1 wall is lime green the others are much lighter green my couch ic very light beige and sagestrip (very light) what color throw pillows should I get?

8. Ruth says:

Monica,

I am redoing my deck with Timberteck composite and I picked the color Desert Bronze (Which is a medium brown) and I will be bording it with a slightly darker color plank . My siding is gray (on the lighter side). if a I border it with a shade darker and also the steps with the darker color will that be too many colors. I did not want to go with gray planks because it just seems too gray. Will those colors look go together nicely? And also in your opinion what color railing, white or black. My trim is white on the house and my pool has white railing around it (which sits away from the house). I get a lot of sun also.

9. Elizabeth says:

Monica, On a recent episode of Designed to Sell you used a product to cover paneling in a family room. Help! I have old floral paneling in my kitchen and need to cover it up. What should I use and then color??? It is a small kitchen that attaches to a hall. The hall is painted an extremely mauve color.

10. skd360 says:

Tricia,
    I am re-doing our 1960 ranch home. Although I am simultaneous removing an avocado green oven, cooktop, and venthood, I am drawn to Behr Old Vine although more of a french green) for the cabinets–only the lower cabinets. Do you have any photographs of the cabinets painted Old Vine. I have always loved the copper, french green look for a country french kitchen. Thank you