Thanks to our guest blogger, Martine Sainvil, HGTV Program Management Coordinator
A few years ago, one of my best friends and I decided that we wanted to be adventurers (a notion that never ever turns out quite the way you expect it to) so we booked ourselves on a trip to Morocco.

Before leaving, everyone asked if I was going to get a rug. I told them that I was going away to find out more about how other people live, to learn more about myself and in search of a great meal. I was not going to buy a rug. There was no room in my luggage; I didn’t have a space for it in my home and it wouldn’t match my decor. I was resolute.

Once in Morocco, there was always something new to see and experience. The days flew by as we traveled from city to city. I stuck to my pre-trip ideals and only picked up little trinkets for friends and family as souvenirs.

Pleased with myself and loving the experience, I thought I was home free. I bet you can guess what happened next.
DHap_11-18-08_Martine_Rug1.jpg
DHap_11-18-08_Martine_Rug2.jpg
DHap_11-18-08_Martine_RugPresent.jpg

Before I knew it, I was sitting on my suitcase begging it to zip close after stuffing it with two rugs. That’s right, two of them. But I don’t regret my purchases for a second because I love them so much. Just goes to show that an adventure in life can lead to a greater one in design.

1. Joslin says:

The rugs are beautiful and will always remind you of your wonderful trip!

2. Talisha says:

I guess you can resist everything – except temptation!

3. Laurie says:

that rug is beautiful. i love the colors. here's a question: would a rug like this be suitable in a living room with a chocolate brown scheme? i am looking to mix the dark color of wood with some pieces that have a sense of being old, without looking old?

4. Jessica says:

Gorgeous rugs! What great elements to have enriching your home and memories.

5. Martine says:

Hi Laurie,

Brown can be a neutral and adding rugs would be a perfect way to introduce color and give it that old but not old looking feel. Definitely give it a try!

6. Diana says:

I was watching Design on a Dime. I love the old world Tuscan look they gave the Serra's dining roon on Episode 2314. Anyone know how they did it? I know they used plaster and some kind of color additive with metallic. Thanks!!!

7. solange Martin-Caro says:

I agree, !!!! The memories they leave in you , that wonderful trip when you found your rug, and now after 14 years , turn and worn out, but its still one of the most beautiful thing you have in your house.

8. The Custom Rug Shop specializes in making unique custom area rugs out of any carpeting material. We use many natural fibers such as Seagrass,Sisal, and Wool carpet. Any carpet in this website can be made into a rug,shape, size and design is up to you, feel free to email us your design,logo or idea. Here at The Custom Rug Shop your imagination is the limit. Order free samples of any of the products in this site ,if you don't see the product you're looking for contact us and will find it. We carry products from all major manufacturers such as Shaw, Mohawk,Stanton, Couristan, Fabrica, CustomWeave, BR111, Bruce hardwood floors,Kane,Godfrey Hirst and many more! Browse through our website and Shop Online or Call 1-800-297-1972