Congratulations to Vern Yip! HGTV’s Design Star judge and host of Deserving Design was recently named Favorite Male Designer of 2008 by www.casasugar.com. The award is the latest in a long list of accolades for the Atlanta-based designer. No wonder.
Vern Yip, HGTV designer, host, judge
Vern Yip, HGTV designer and host of Deserving Design; Design Star judge

Vern has been wooing audiences and homeowners alike since he began sharing his designs with a television audience nearly 10 years ago. As seen especially in his newest show, Deserving Design - Vern designs as much with his heart as he does with his eye for design and architecture. He clearly loves what he does – as evidenced by a great big smile.  I know what makes me smile. A Vern Yip-designed space. Check out some of his latest creations:

Vern has a knack for making spaces personal. In this Deserving Design bedroom makeover, he surprised the homeowner with framed childhood photos.
What musician wouldn't want to hang out in this cool space?
What musician wouldn’t want to hang out in this cool room?
Vern's mix of pattern, color and texture works beautifully in this cozy living room.

Vern's mix of pattern, texture and color works beautifully in this cozy living room.

Vern often creates home offices on Deserving Design. These rooms are organized, bright and conducive to work.

Vern often creates home offices on Deserving Design. These rooms are organized, bright and conducive to work and inspiration.

If you dream of design stardom and would like to learn from the likes of Vern Yip, try out to be a contestant on season four of Design Star. Entries will be accepted until January 5, 2009.

Do you agree with casasugar’s choice of Favorite Male Designer? Who is your favorite HGTV personality? Do tell!

Design Inspiration

1. Laura says:

Vern deserves this honor! He is so likable and soooo talented. And yes, he has a huge heart!

Other HGTV hosts I love would have to be Candice Olson, Lisa LaPorta and Tanya Nayak from Designed to Sell.

2. Joyce says:

I think Vern is great!! He help so many people and he has so much love for people. I watch him everyday!

3. Kathy says:

Vern thank you for all your ideas and love that you show on your program. There are so many deserving people in this day and age and for you to be a part of that must be so inspiring for you. It melts my heart when I see the end results. God Bless you and your team. Please keep inspiring.

4. barbara greene says:

Vern you are the best i love how you make people so happy. you are great ilove your show everything you do is wonderful maybe one day it will me thats all i wish for me and my grandkids. you are the very best you are always #1

5. CAROL says:

HOW DO I GET VERN TO CHANGE MY LIFE?
    I LOVE WHAT HE DOES, AS A SENIOR CITIZEN I NEED
    HELP TO CHANGE A ROOM IN MY HOME

6. Carolene says:

HOW DO I GET VERN TO MAKE MY ROOMS COME TO LIFE?
    I LOVE WHAT HE DOES, I NEED
    HELP, HELP, HELP WITH THE ROOMS IN MY HOME. VERN PLEASE H-E-L-P!!

7. Diane says:

My fiancee teaches math in an alternative school for teenagers who have been kicked out of every school program available and gives them one last chance at obtaining a high school diploma and is very successful at what he does. I am a registered nurse who most currently works at a hospice. I have been on disability for the past 2 months and lost my income due to a health issue. We are both 52 yrs young. The problem right now is that we are getting married this March 13 at his home. What is the least expensive way to make our backyard sparkle with excitement for our wedding?