If you haven’t checked out HGTV’s new show, Dear Genevieve, what are you waiting for? It’s one of the network’s newest makeover shows, and it’s hosted by a designer you may recognize. I first fell for Genevieve Gorder when she was an unpretentious, bouncy, barefooted designer on Trading Spaces whose work was almost always wow-worthy. As the host and designer of Dear Genevieve, she’s slightly more composed but just as passionate. From what I’ve seen so far, Genevieve carries her own show with grace and exuberance and offers up plenty of good design and creative ideas to boot.

If you’ve missed Dear Genevieve, here’s a look back and a sneak peek of the episode premiering tonight at 8:30 p.m. On the show’s premiere, Genevieve went above and beyond for a family of six, even taking them to get their first family photos in more than a decade for wall art that’s truly memorable. Genevieve created several storage solutions and activity zones and left this deserving family with a stylish, functional space. Check it out!

Before: A Space Plan That Wasn't Working and a Lack of Storage, Organization and Style

Before: A Space Plan That Wasn't Working

After: Fabulous for the Entire Family

After: Fabulous for the Entire Family

In tonight’s episode, Genevieve takes on a dark, paneled basement.
Before: Boxed-In and Mismatched Basement

Before: Boxed-In and Mismatched Basement

After: Colorful and Current
After: Colorful, Current and Personalized

Like what you see? Get in on it! Upload your problem room(s) here and Genevieve just might knock on your door! Be specific about your design dilemma, and be sure to show off your family’s personality in your video.

And, please. Tell us what you think about Dear Genevieve.

Design Inspiration

1. Trina says:

Love, Love your show. You are so creative and are able to reflect a design suited for each decorating design. Maybe it's because you are more creative going barefoot. Maybe you could help me fix what was suppose to be a den. We need really need help and we feel you are the ony one who can fix our mess. It was suppose to have a lodge decor, Imagine that. Help, help please.

dedicated fan and viewer,
    Trina Case

2. Dean says:

I haven't seen this show but it looks like Genevieve does a nice job with making real lived-in spaces more efficient. I'll have to check it out…

3. Judy says:

Genevieve–Please don't say "shay lounge" when you mean "chaise longue." It's been driving me crazy for years that TV designers say "chase lounge." The correct pronunciation is "shez long" "Chaise longue" is French for "long chair." Don't make things worse by saying "shay" for "chaise."

4. Hi,

The pictures are simply superb. It gives a new look to the home. I really enjoyed a lot.

Nancy.

5. Brenda Huggins says:

Asking for help-my kitchen is 15 years old and needs some current tlc. Recovering from breast cancer and a knee replacement haven't let me freshen up my wallpapered kitchen. I don't have a good eye for clean lines and current colors. I would LOVE your help.

6. Lana says:

How exciting! My daughter and I have been a fan of Genevieve's design creativity since the beginning of Trading Spaces. We are looking forward to seeing more episodes!

7. Hello Again, I am DESPERATE! I LOVE your show and have watched hgtv for years. I have sent many letters to many shows, including yours,Genevieve, over the years and have NEVER been selected. PLEASE CONSIDER ME. You are sooo talented. Desperate in Sun City, Ca.

8. Louise says:

Hi! I Have a bar in my family room that I would like to put new top on .The bar now has dark formica.We would like something new and brighter,easy to maintain,and low cost.Do you have any ideas. Thanks Louise

9. Mary Castelo says:

Hi Genevieve,
    Loved your show. Great ideas! Hope to introduce your show to my son and his wife they need help. School and work don't give them enough time to get things done. Small space and not enough closets in Philadelphia. Keep up the great job.
    Mary Castelo
    Brooklyn, New York

10. Jeanie says:

Genevieve,
    Love your show. Please, help. This holiday has been so hard for our family. My Mom can no longer cook. So I will start having holidays at my home which is too small. We would love to have a dining room and a nice room for my Mom to stay. Our family is large and we love to get together. Your designs are so awesome. please, help us!!!