If you haven’t checked out HGTV’s new show, Dear Genevieve, what are you waiting for? It’s one of the network’s newest makeover shows, and it’s hosted by a designer you may recognize. I first fell for Genevieve Gorder when she was an unpretentious, bouncy, barefooted designer on Trading Spaces whose work was almost always wow-worthy. As the host and designer of Dear Genevieve, she’s slightly more composed but just as passionate. From what I’ve seen so far, Genevieve carries her own show with grace and exuberance and offers up plenty of good design and creative ideas to boot.

If you’ve missed Dear Genevieve, here’s a look back and a sneak peek of the episode premiering tonight at 8:30 p.m. On the show’s premiere, Genevieve went above and beyond for a family of six, even taking them to get their first family photos in more than a decade for wall art that’s truly memorable. Genevieve created several storage solutions and activity zones and left this deserving family with a stylish, functional space. Check it out!

Before: A Space Plan That Wasn't Working and a Lack of Storage, Organization and Style

Before: A Space Plan That Wasn't Working

After: Fabulous for the Entire Family

After: Fabulous for the Entire Family

In tonight’s episode, Genevieve takes on a dark, paneled basement.
Before: Boxed-In and Mismatched Basement

Before: Boxed-In and Mismatched Basement

After: Colorful and Current
After: Colorful, Current and Personalized

Like what you see? Get in on it! Upload your problem room(s) here and Genevieve just might knock on your door! Be specific about your design dilemma, and be sure to show off your family’s personality in your video.

And, please. Tell us what you think about Dear Genevieve.

Design Inspiration

1. Gail P Savary says:

Hi Genevieve, I love seeing your show you haven't diasppointed me yet. I love especially your colors as a matter of fact my living room is red as I try to keep up with your cheerful vibes. I wish you can help me, my bedroom is a shame to even me I really dislike going in there. When last have you seen or heard of 'LINOLEUM' in the bedroom,that is what I have on the floor,and to make it worse some are broken especially under the bed legs.It would be a 'DREAM' come true if you can help me.Thanking you in advance.
    Gail

2. Dear Genevieve
    I love your show I am remodeling my kitchen an great room an am clueless on what to do.We are on the lake an whant to keep it bright.Project includes total new kitchen an a fire place in great room.Help Jan in Branson

3. hey i was wondering if you could help me out i need to spice up my bedroom but i dont have the money to do it? What can i do?

4. marie pridgen says:

Hello, you are just fantastic. Is it possible for you to come to my home in Alabama and help turn my home in to a cosy cottage home.

Please Help

Marie pridgen

5. Michael Geletej says:

I am trying to come up with some ideas for converting a part of my shed into an island theme bar. We are buying a home in lower DE and I want to be able to convert part of the shed into a bad. Any ideas???

6. Evelyn says:

Hi Genevieve,
    I normally enjoy your show but I saw your episode on design space for the combo office/scrapbook room (Acuri's) and wanted to comment on it. There was so much going on in that room, it even looked claustrophobic on TV. As an avid scrapbooker myself, seeing carpet in a craft room (think glitter, glue and other messy supplies) just makes me cringe. Opting to cover the wood with what looked like green astroturf made it look cheap. Carpet with computers and rolling chairs isn't functional either (static and carpet fibers BAD for computers). This really missed the mark for me in both style and functionality, I know you can do better!

7. Lynda says:

I enjoy your show very much. The very pale green color you put on the wall during the new years day show is the exact color I have been looking for. I need to paint our living room in the home we have occupied for over 42 years. (We have painted several times in 42 years) Could you please give me the brand and name of the paint color. Thank you

8. Becky McIlwain says:

Dear Gen,
    I think your the Greatest, no matter what some of the others say. I've watched you on Trading Spaces for years and haven't seen you for some time and wondered WHERE in the world has she gone. HA!! Looking forward to seeing your new show. Whis you could come to see me in South Alabama!!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK !!!!
    Love Ya
    God Bless,
    Becky McIlwain
    Silas, AL

9. Leslie Judson says:

Dear Evelyn,

Two Dear Genevieve (HDGEN) shows premiered that day: 101 and 104. If you go to both episode pages, you'll see a link that reads: Shop products used in this episode. Click that link for one way to find products. You might be talking about a green paint used in 104 – Benjamin Moore Paris Rain.

To find the episode page, you can go to the Program Guide located on show pages and throughout the site and click on the day you saw this episode. Or you can search in the module located below the Program Guide by plugging in the show name and date range of when you saw the episode.

You can also check out marketplace.hgtv.com to browse (and search) thousands of products seen on HGTV shows and beyond. Happy shopping and thanks for commenting!

10. Laurie Kremin says:

I love your new show Genevieve!!! YOu were my favorite on Trading Spaces, I too am glad to see you again on HGTV. Good Luck with your show.
    Sincerely, Laurie