If you haven’t checked out HGTV’s new show, Dear Genevieve, what are you waiting for? It’s one of the network’s newest makeover shows, and it’s hosted by a designer you may recognize. I first fell for Genevieve Gorder when she was an unpretentious, bouncy, barefooted designer on Trading Spaces whose work was almost always wow-worthy. As the host and designer of Dear Genevieve, she’s slightly more composed but just as passionate. From what I’ve seen so far, Genevieve carries her own show with grace and exuberance and offers up plenty of good design and creative ideas to boot.

If you’ve missed Dear Genevieve, here’s a look back and a sneak peek of the episode premiering tonight at 8:30 p.m. On the show’s premiere, Genevieve went above and beyond for a family of six, even taking them to get their first family photos in more than a decade for wall art that’s truly memorable. Genevieve created several storage solutions and activity zones and left this deserving family with a stylish, functional space. Check it out!

Before: A Space Plan That Wasn't Working and a Lack of Storage, Organization and Style

Before: A Space Plan That Wasn't Working

After: Fabulous for the Entire Family

After: Fabulous for the Entire Family

In tonight’s episode, Genevieve takes on a dark, paneled basement.
Before: Boxed-In and Mismatched Basement

Before: Boxed-In and Mismatched Basement

After: Colorful and Current
After: Colorful, Current and Personalized

Like what you see? Get in on it! Upload your problem room(s) here and Genevieve just might knock on your door! Be specific about your design dilemma, and be sure to show off your family’s personality in your video.

And, please. Tell us what you think about Dear Genevieve.

Design Inspiration

1. Lulu says:

Love your show keep up the good work. Quick question, I would love to become a stager I live in Perris, CA , can you suggest any place where I could go for training, heard of Haverhill College, would you recommend them?

Thanx

2. Pat Kraft says:

Hi "G",

So good to see you back and just in time to help me reclaim my house. I have been my Mom's care giver for the last 10 years with over 8 of them in my home. We intentionally bought a house that would accomodate two ladies under one roof. We bought a home with an attached Casita. She will be going to an assisted living home the end of Jan. and I would like that part of the house that I have never used to be personalized and reclaimed. I had to add safety features to the bathroom, I had someone cut out the side of the tub to make it into a walk in shower with grab bars. Now the tile is beginning to seperate from the shower, the area that was cut out is beginning to rust. Mom is a girly girl and has polished her nails even with Parkinsons so she has ruined the vainty top with her spills. The bathroom is small and needs to be reconfigured to better use the space. I would love for you to come and share your design ideas and give me my home back. If you get here soon you can enjoy the AZ weather which is perfect right now. In any event I am so glad to have you back and congradulations on your new addition.

Look forward to your help if you decide to come to AZ.

Reclaiming my home,

Pat Kraft

3. Denise says:

You really have a good eye for design! I thought I only loved Candice Olson now I have to add you to my favoirtes! I have too many design delimmas to list. I wouldn't know which one to pick so I just wanted to say love your new show and I have watched you since Trading Spaces and love your enthusiasm!

4. I love you and your show. I watch you all the time.I am in need of your help so I hope you pick me. I had to have both knees replaced and one has not done as well as the other has. So I have a hard time going up and down stairs, so I wanted to make my kitchen larger by knocking the wall that goes into a bedroom. This way I could also make a laundry room up stairs. I would really like your help on this project. PLEASE HELP ME. Thank You Donna Lourens

5. La Verne Dietz says:

I fell asleep watching HGTV last night and woke up to the commercial for your new show, and immediately had to look online to see about your new family. Nada.

Anyhow, have sort of a problem if you are interested. My house was built in 1824 (Ohio). I think Madison or Monroe was president. We had a pretty bad fire in 1997 and although the 'bones' remained, the house was gutted and rebuilt on the insurance companies idea of replacement value. It does not feel 'old' anymore. The kitchen has 'wood' laminate floors and stainless steel appliances (okay, 1 ss). My dilemma is the counter-top back-splash is separating and pulling away from the wall as though it was fighting ever being there in the first place! No doubt it's from the many hundreds of dishes we do at gatherings (7 kids, most married-lost count of grand-kids) and counter-top/sink food prep and water fights! I would like to find some kind of material for counters that belongs there, plus, what then do you do with the backsplash? Glass tiles are awesome but look too modern, not enough room for brick, and the one appliance will be jealous if I use stainless steel. Maybe concrete (granite is too pretentious) that can sustain the abuse to which we will certainly subject it.

Realize you have people stepping over themselves to submit questions and this is not crucial, just hoping it would be make your 'fix' list.

PS We don't wear shoes in the house either!

La Verne Dietz and the Wrecking Crew

6. Jennifer says:

Hello,

This is Jennifer..

My parents are so busy dealing with four kids that they have never been able to have a room to themselves. There room has never been updated for the 10 years we've lived in our house. There furniture does not match! There's Indian nic-nac's everywhere. It's just way to cluderd. There bedspread was givin to them about 15 years ago and they've never gottin a new one. My parents have always wanted a master bedroom to just go in there and relax. They rarley go in there because it's all crowded and messy. If you would help us, that would be great! Message back.

-Jennifer.

7. Joy Lane says:

Genevieve,
    I'm so glad to see you back on TV. You are a sight for sore eyes. Congratulations on your new family. Keep up the good work young lady. You are an inspiration to young and old alike. Keep smiling and laughing and you will be a great success.
    God Bless!

8. BARBARA FIORENZA says:

I HAVE A FAMILY ROOM WITH 16 WINDOWS. I AM AT A LOSS AS TO HOW TO DRESS UP THESE WINDOWS. THEY HAVE BLINDS ON THEM BUT IT NEEDS DRESSING UP. IT IS A VERY LARGE ROOM . THERE IS ONLY 9 INCHES OF SPACE BETWEEN THESE WINDOWS. SINCE WE MOVED FROM A BIG HOME TO THIS RANCH. ALL THE LEFT OVER FURNITURE HAS COME INTO THIS FAMILY ROOM. I DESPERTLY NEED HELP IN MAKING THIS ROOM LOOK COZY.

9. Tanja Ortiz says:

Dear Genevieve,

Hello my name is Tanja Ortiz. I love your show and watch you all the time. I love your work. I think it's really great and love your ideas. I have always wanted a new kitchen that I could enjoy but never could afford it. My kitchen has no counter space or cabinet space and it is very unorganized. My husband and I don't have the money to redo it. After watching you make dreams come true for many people I was hoping you could help me make my dream come true. Pretty much everything I have or get is from someone else. I never ask for much because I always put everyone else first. It would be great to get something for myself for a change, but I need help getting it done. Could you please help make me the happiest girl in the world.

Thanks,
    Tanja

10. denise swope says:

Hi G.
    Need your help BAD!!! I am a very creative person and have a pretty good eye for decorating and fashion,however I have a basement family room that has stumped me and I dont know how to place furniture and decorate this room. It is a long area the size of the entire house,there is nothing separating/dividing off any of this area to define any area. I am at a total loss I have color and window treatments up but can not determine what kind of furniture or how to place it. I would like to have cabinets, sink and microwave in one area with a bar. There is this pole with a sink in the center of one side of the room, not sure what my husband was thinking of when he did this. I would like to use the other area as a media area but again I dont even know where/how to startt. Need your expertise.