If you haven’t checked out HGTV’s new show, Dear Genevieve, what are you waiting for? It’s one of the network’s newest makeover shows, and it’s hosted by a designer you may recognize. I first fell for Genevieve Gorder when she was an unpretentious, bouncy, barefooted designer on Trading Spaces whose work was almost always wow-worthy. As the host and designer of Dear Genevieve, she’s slightly more composed but just as passionate. From what I’ve seen so far, Genevieve carries her own show with grace and exuberance and offers up plenty of good design and creative ideas to boot.

If you’ve missed Dear Genevieve, here’s a look back and a sneak peek of the episode premiering tonight at 8:30 p.m. On the show’s premiere, Genevieve went above and beyond for a family of six, even taking them to get their first family photos in more than a decade for wall art that’s truly memorable. Genevieve created several storage solutions and activity zones and left this deserving family with a stylish, functional space. Check it out!

Before: A Space Plan That Wasn't Working and a Lack of Storage, Organization and Style

Before: A Space Plan That Wasn't Working

After: Fabulous for the Entire Family

After: Fabulous for the Entire Family

In tonight’s episode, Genevieve takes on a dark, paneled basement.
Before: Boxed-In and Mismatched Basement

Before: Boxed-In and Mismatched Basement

After: Colorful and Current
After: Colorful, Current and Personalized

Like what you see? Get in on it! Upload your problem room(s) here and Genevieve just might knock on your door! Be specific about your design dilemma, and be sure to show off your family’s personality in your video.

And, please. Tell us what you think about Dear Genevieve.

Design Inspiration

1. Pam Bayliss says:

Help, I have a bowling alley for a living room, I have a brick fireplace on one wall and I painted the two outer walls to bring it in. I need some idea on what to put on the walls. At one end I have a enterment Center , it is the wall above the couch that I'm having trouble with.I have Taupe walls, beige carpet and the outer walls are burgendy

2. Pam Bayliss says:

Help, I have a bowling alley for a living room, I have a brick fireplace on one wall and I painted the two outer walls to bring it in. I need some idea on what to put on the walls. At one end I have a enterment Center , it is the wall above the couch that I’m having trouble with.I have Taupe walls, beige carpet and the outer walls are burgendy

3. Thressa says:

Hi…

"Soaring" Problem! We have plans for a major Reno on our home…but A Soaring Problem has developed. Massive open, high ceiling space in our family room is creating a vast open, high wall about the fireplace. The mantel will be wood with at 65" TV over it, but what to do with the wall space above? We are so perplexed, we may have to lover the ceiling. The home is Traditional Colonial with hugh arched windows on either side of the fireplace. This is driving us NUTS!

4. I have a 5x 10 windowless bathroom. My granddaughter has chose a black and white fabric with musical notes on it for the shower curtain and I have found a border for the top of the room with the same musical notes. My question is what color should I paint the walls. She wants red but I am afraid of the "cave" feeling. Her floors are
    white ceramic tile but there is a tan tile behind the commode and vanity. Please Help!!

5. frances says:

hi, we are doing our bedroom as a beach theme and we have a wall mural of the beach. we need to know how to paint clouds on the ceiling can you help.thanks frances

6. Judy says:

We have two very long (12 ft) patio doors that need draperies. I want to stack the drapes all on one side. Somewhere I have seen a track system that is installed on the ceiling, with short beaded chains holding the pleats of the draperies, that enables you to easily pull the drapes to one side. Do you know where I could find this track? Do you have a better idea? Thanks.

7. Stephanie says:

I would like to see more rooms done with stained wood (doors/base boards/door jams) instead of painted wood. I love the painted wood, however, replacing or painting it is not an option for us (expense). I need help with some paint color ideas with the stained wood. Please help! Thanks.

8. gretchen says:

My new favorite show!
    Can you tell me where the bedspread came from on the Tiny Bedroom (Cabo inspired) episode, please??

9. kristen talbot says:

I have about a 10 foot opening between my dining room and my play room. I would like some ideas on how to seperate the two without being too pricey. I have 2 kids and a babysit several also. I need to be able to seperate the dog and the kids without locking up the dog all the time. Gates that large are very expensive. ( I live in Florida and my house layout is very open)

10. Bernadette says:

Dear Genevieve,
    So glad you're back! I always loved your style on Trading Spaces and happy to see you return to what you do best. I need help! I actually love most of my home, and think I've done a pretty decent job in most rooms. However, my 21 y/o daughter's room has me stumped. It's the smallest room in the house, and I just can't seem to come up with a GREAT plan to make her room as special as she is! We live in Long Island and would love to see what you could come up with. Hoping to hear from you….