Big, big news all you Rate My Space and Angelo Surmelis fans!

HGTV's Angelo Surmelis
HGTV’s Angelo Surmelis

As early as this summer, Angelo will have his own upholstered furniture line. Insiders, including Angelo, have been hush-hush about the new line until the last few days although it’s been a dream of the designer’s almost his entire life. Talk about a secret to keep! Furniture Today made the announcement last week, and I’m sure we’ll be hearing a lot more about Angelo’s latest, exciting venture.

For a preview from the designer and namesake himself, check out Angelo’s wonderfully inspiring blog. Scroll down to his post on February 11. Angelo, who also owns the LA design firm, Swell Space, tells the story of how the announcement was made at the Las Vegas Home Expo. And he shares a picture of a fabulous, first-to-be-publicized chair priced under $300. In his blog which is a must-read for design enthusiasts as well as fans Angelo shares, “I always wanted to find a way to be able to merge my love of design and making stuff with affordability and ease.”

Mr. Surmelis, if this chic (and cheap!) chair is any indication, you have succeeded! We are anxious to see the fruit of your labors. And, by the way, this furniture is supposed to be shippable. Now that is swell.  Want to send some words of congratulations to Angelo? Have any particular looks/pieces you’d like to see in Angelo’s new line?

Furniture

1. Deirdre says:

Angelo, I am excited about your new line. Can you tell us about the concept and how it came to fruition? Was this an decision. Congratulations.

2. Carol and Joseph says:

We love this guy. Congratulations!!!

3. Steph says:

YOU ROCK! We love you in our house. Congratulations on the new line. Can't wait to see it.

4. Markus says:

Have been a fan for years and couldn't be more excited about this news. I am so curious to see what this all looks like and the actual prices. Much congrats and continued success. Are you giving up your day job?

5. Jillian says:

You rock my design world! AND, I love your look. So much to say….I'll stick with CONGRATULATIONS on your new furniture line. I actually saw some of it since someone I know works for the co. manufacturing it. HeHeHe. LOVE IT!

6. Carin says:

Angelo, I am very excited about this. I'm not gonna say how, but I say a bit of the new line. It looks incredible and I was a bit shocked at the prices. I don't know where they are going to be available yet so I will look out for you announcement on that. All the best and thank you for your inspiration. Carin

7. Leena says:

When?! Can't wait to see it. You're my favorite.

8. Lindsey says:

When can we see pics of the line? What's going to be in it and where will it be available? I am a very big fan of your style. Thank you, Lindsey

9. Nancy Vogee says:

WE downsized from 2 seperate cabins in CA to move to CO into a 1906 950 Sq.Ft. cottage. It was and is a challenge but we both feel "comfy". I just have different taste then my husband. Does that sould familiar?. I need a small double reclining couch so will see if you have one in your new collection. Nan

10. Carrie says:

Just saw the line. OMG! I can't wait till July. Great stuff and the price is fantastic. Thank you Angelo. I now have to figure out how I want to redo my new condo.