Big, big news all you Rate My Space and Angelo Surmelis fans!

HGTV's Angelo Surmelis
HGTV’s Angelo Surmelis

As early as this summer, Angelo will have his own upholstered furniture line. Insiders, including Angelo, have been hush-hush about the new line until the last few days although it’s been a dream of the designer’s almost his entire life. Talk about a secret to keep! Furniture Today made the announcement last week, and I’m sure we’ll be hearing a lot more about Angelo’s latest, exciting venture.

For a preview from the designer and namesake himself, check out Angelo’s wonderfully inspiring blog. Scroll down to his post on February 11. Angelo, who also owns the LA design firm, Swell Space, tells the story of how the announcement was made at the Las Vegas Home Expo. And he shares a picture of a fabulous, first-to-be-publicized chair priced under $300. In his blog which is a must-read for design enthusiasts as well as fans Angelo shares, “I always wanted to find a way to be able to merge my love of design and making stuff with affordability and ease.”

Mr. Surmelis, if this chic (and cheap!) chair is any indication, you have succeeded! We are anxious to see the fruit of your labors. And, by the way, this furniture is supposed to be shippable. Now that is swell.  Want to send some words of congratulations to Angelo? Have any particular looks/pieces you’d like to see in Angelo’s new line?

Furniture

1. Jenny D. says:

HOW EXCITING!!!! My friends and I have been fans of Angelo and his various shows for years! When I saw a sample of his furniture line I was THRILLED!!! Can't wait to buy some pieces!! Please PLEASE keep me posted on where and when it will be available!!!!

Angelo-CONGRATS!!!!!

2. Jhani Kaye says:

This is great news. Been watching Angelo since his first show and really like his creative spirit. Now we can get our own home done without having to wait to be on television!

3. Sandra says:

OMG – that chair is stunning and at that price – crazy good. This is fantastic news – and the prices I need right now. I'm so happy for your Angelo. CONGRATS to you. I can't wait to see what everything looks like. WOW.

4. Greg Morton says:

WOW!!!! Angelo is such an awesome designer.. adding a furniture line is such a natural step!!!

Congrats Angelo!! I'll still be watching you on HGTV!

5. Tracey T says:

This is amazing, I can't wait to see the whole line…in my house! Way to go Angelo, you're the best!

6. Michael Keith says:

His designs are always spot on. I can not wait to see his take on chic and cheap! Bring it on!!!!!!!

7. John says:

I will buy his line of furniture. Where can I find it when it comes out?

8. Ella K. says:

Congrats to Angelo. My design mates and I can't wait ! I'm a big fan of Angelo's so I'm anxious to see what he creates.I can't believe the price range!! He seems like the kind of celeb that's paying attention to this lousy economy and giving us all a big gift! When can we see???

9. Macy Q. says:

Rate My Space is 'must see T.V.' for my friends and I because of Angelo and his amazingly fresh ideas. It seems only natural that he'd do a line of furniture! GREAT NEWS!! I bet Angelo is having so much fun and we get to reap the rewards!

10. olga coronado says:

Angelo's designs are AWESOME!!!!!! Im holding on to my dream that soon I will be picked to have Angelo design 3 rooms of my newly constructed empty house that needs color, and furnishings. ANGELO YOUR THE BEST!