One of my favorite downtime browsing destinations (shhh, don’t tell the bosses) is Etsy.com. If you’ve never been or if you’re a home artisan and don’t have your stuff on there, visit a.s.a.p. This site has anything and everything — art, jewelry, clothes, toys, decorative housewares and more.

I’m a handcrafted jewelry fanatic so I’m always searching for the latest finds and ideas, but when I want to branch out, I can’t resist their new “Pounce” search feature, which brings up some undiscovered gems — like this made-to-order vase shaped like your silhouette:

Vase

Better still, I just found out they have videos too. If you’re a crafter, check out their “How-To Tuesday” series, but they also have a new series — “There’s No Place Like Here” — that looks promising. The videos will explore the lives and style of select Etsy users to see how they’re infusing their creativity into their decorative spaces. The first one up spotlights the romantic whimsy of Dawn Younger-Smith’s (a.k.a. boudoirqueen) homey showroom.

While Dawn’s taste isn’t quite mine, it’s inspiring to see her creativity and style. I can’t wait to see what Etsy has coming up next.

1. Ed says:

Kristine you should also check out our site EmergingArtists.com during your "downtime" for some great artwork at very competitive prices.

All of the art on the site is original and sold by the artists.

A summary video of some of the work can also be seenhere.

Thanks.

2. Jill Mohn says:

I share in your love of Etsy! It is such a visual playground. I have spent so much money in the past buying magazines and books just to get this type of stimulation. Thank goodness for Etsy!

3. Sarah says:

I heart etsy and all it stands for buy local.

4. Jay Milano says:

I love etsy also, I'm really into arts and crafts they should have more ties like it. Really great for all.
    NJ Garage Door pros