With all our economy problems, home value is on everyone’s mind. How can you ride out the recession and position your home to have even more value down the road? We have the inside scoop on what’s new in real estate, home staging and decorating. Here are the secrets the pros won’t tell you. Shhhh!
1. Add an Elvis-style “jungle” room.
2. Place pictures of very attractive people around your house.
3. Turn an un-used formal dining room into four walk-in closets. Who doesn’t need more storage?
4. Add texture to your front door by outfitting it with carpet.
5. Spruce up your outdated wallpaper with festive gift wrap. Post-season deals are abundant!
6. Hardscapes add value, consider paving your entire yard!
7. Liven up your boring driveway by painting your concrete using the fingerpaint method, involve the neighborhood kids for extra helping hands.
8. For a beach house look, without the expense of beach-front property, surround your home with sand.
9. New Product! Industrial hinge systems allow for flip-top roofs to let in lots of natural light.
10. Double the number of bedrooms in your house by adding Murphy beds to closets.
11. Mirror your entire interior. Mirrors reflect light, making your home brighter and reducing your electric bill.
Do you have any tips for adding value to your home? Tell us in the comments.