My job rocks…I’ve been a huge HGTV fan ever since it first hit the airwaves, so when I started working here two years ago developing new shows for the network, you can imagine how excited I was.  The excitement hasn’t died down, and I wanted to share it with you.  This month I am looking forward to two big premieres on HGTV:

HGTV’s Top 10  is awesome for many reasons.  Personally, I love looking at pretty spaces, even if they aren’t necessarily attainable for me, I find them inspiring.  Each week we’ll showcase ten examples of stellar style from the nation’s leading designers and architects.

I Love that long Fireplace!

I Love that long Fireplace!

Is there anything better than an unobstructed view?

Is there anything better than an unobstructed view?

The tours of these beautiful spaces are intercut with an illustrious group of industry experts talking about what makes these rooms so unique.  You can catch HGTV’s Top 10 at 8:30PM every Tuesday starting TONIGHT!

Home is about more than the furniture and paint color.  What really makes it HOME is what goes on inside those beautifully decorated walls! That’s why I love Leader of the Pack.  The cutest family ever is looking for the perfect dog, so we give them eight furry friends to choose from.  The family of five has eight dogs move in with them!  Through a series of challenges, each week the family votes to decide which pup goes (Don’t worry! Each dog gets placed in another loving home!).  Meet my three favorites…

Meet Louie!

Meet Louie!

Meet Frannie!

Meet Frannie!

Meet Piper!

Meet Piper!

The series ends when the family finally picks the Leader of The Pack, and that dog becomes part of their family. This show is so great.  The entire programming team got SO into the competition, we all had bets on which dog would win!  I promise you’ll fall in love with the family and the dogs!  Leader of the Pack premieres on Sunday April 26th at  8:00PM.

What shows are you excited about and what do you want to see more of?

1. Bob says:

Can't wait to see which dog will be Leader Of The Pack. GO PIPER !!!

2. Renee says:

I am really looking forward to HGTV's top ten. I love looking at fabulous spaces! I find it inspiring! Even though I may not be able to afford it I can take ideas from it and work it out at my financial level.

3. Nate says:

leader of the pack sounds awesome! it's important for people unfamiliar with dogs to understand that different breeds have completely different characteristics. too many people just pick a dog because it's cute, without thinking they should get one that compliments their personality. that's why so many yippy dogs end up in the pocketbooks of yippy girls, after all.

4. RonJo says:

So, where did the dogs come from? Rescue? Shelter? Did they live with the family during shooting? How long ago was this filmed? Did the family keep the dog they "picked"?

5. Jennifer says:

Could Louie get any cuter???!!! look at that face!! aww….i hope he wins!!!

6. Susan says:

I'm not sure where to post this but I thought an idea for a special on HGTV would be to see families and there renovated home that were seen on hidden potential. I have always wanted to see some of Barry's ideas come to life.

7. Marcella Mills says:

I also would love to see the results from hidden potenial. It is so wonderful to see how Barry can change a place to look like a palace. Lets go back into some of these people's home.