I love baking.  And there’s nothing prettier than presenting baked goods on a cake stand.  It even turns ordinary chocolate chip cookies into a special treat.

I’m always on the lookout to add to my small collection and I like the classic styles and reasonable prices at Williams-Sonoma and Pottery Barn.

Williams-Sonoma Royale Cake Stands

Williams-Sonoma Royale Cake Stands

Pottery Barn Emma Cake Stand

Pottery Barn Emma Cake Stand

So, what are your ideas for turning an everyday item into something special?

Design Inspiration

1. Paul says:

Bathroom budget problems ?? These guys at One day bath Inc , TurnedTiled wall into a granite looking finish it looks great , you would think it was new stone tile and they did it in 1 day at a cost of only $ 800.00 for about 75 sq feet of tile, They are doing my countertops next week. Good Luck to all MAN On A BUDGET

2. ann mcguire says:

Those cake stands really adds a polished finish. They are great finds. One way you can give your presentation even more life, is by adding bits of color. You can use edible flower petals, candy sprinkles and or small berries like blueberries or raspberries.

3. Jan says:

I have a question.
    What is the effect of painting a room ceiling lighter or darker than the wall color of the room. Which technique will make the room seem larger?

4. Monica says:

Those are gorgeous cake stands. My sister has the Pottery Barn Emma plates and other accessories, and oh my gosh they are gorgeous! I would love to get that cake stand and put cupcakes with colorful sprinkles on it. So simple but fun!

5. Martine says:

I think nice plates always make what you're eating feel special. These stands have an old fashinoned feel and are really attractive.

6. Loren Ruch, Director says:

Hey – did you see the cool edible display that Sandra Lee made out of a cake stand in this year's HGTV Green Home? It was gorgeous! You can check it out at http://www.hgtv.com/green-home/living-and-eating-….