One of the most exciting new lines we’ve checked out at High Point Furniture Market is the Paula Deen Home Collection. Paula, who as I’m sure you know, is one of our favorite Food Network stars and in addition to her show, cookbooks and other ventures, she is now adding furniture design to her list.

We met The Bag Lady herself and got the chance to hear firsthand about the her leap from food to home furnishings. She shared with us how from the start of her business, she wanted to make quality food and sell it for a fair price and now Universal Furniture has done just that with her furnishings line. You’re going to love it!

One of Paula’s favorite pieces in the new collection is The Bag Lady’s Cabinet, which features two framed glass doors and eight ample drawers that mimic 16 narrow map drawers.

Inspired by her home in Savannah, the furniture is stylish, but it’s also utilitarian. Paula talked about seeing the completed line for the first time, “It was very emotional for me because Universal actually came into my home and we went through it with a fine-tooth comb. They really got it: the things that I love in my home. It makes you feel good.”

Another cool piece is the Put Your Feet Up Table, which features turned legs, two drawers and a lift top that is perfect for a laptop or having a snack.

We’ll post more Paula love soon, so check back! Plus, more High Point coverage to come, including a peek behind the magic of the Walt Disney Signature Collection.

For more of our coverage on the High Point Furniture Market, click here.

1. neo says:

You should visit FoodNetworkHumor.com if you're a fan of the food network, they poke fun at the shows and the hosts and it's absolutely hysterical. No, this isn't a spam link! :)

2. cathy says:

Who is the mfg. Looks like Lexington from 6 to 8 years ago. I have several pieces that color already.

3. Love the furniture. Where can it be bought?

4. Amber says:

I love the cabinet! I'm confused, though, after looking through quite a few different websites and googling it, how to get the furniture. (?) Anybody know? Oh…and the FoodNetwork Humor page is pretty funny :)

5. Chelsey says:

Hey Everyone,

Sorry, I should have put this information above, but her furniture line isn't in stores yet. It's set to hit retail stores in August, and you can find your closest retailer at the manufacturer's website: http://www.universalfurniture.com

Hope that helps!
    Chelsey

6. [...] The Paula Deen Home Collection has eclectic, stylish funiture pieces, including this gorgeous cabinet. Click here for detail on the cabinet and more. [...]

7. Jason Windsor says:

TheHome.com has a video interview with her, including some footage of her new collection from High Point Market, if you're interested.

8. [...] Deen has a furniture line. You might have heard about it on HGTV’s Design Happens blog back during the High Point Furniture Market Updates. I have seen these pieces all over the place the [...]

9. Katso Farino says:

Excellent. The table on the picture will go perfectly with the furniture I just bought.

10. john says:

Stone lite Furniture has a large collection and we are very proud to offer Tables collection. Thanks
    <a href ="http://store.stonelitefurniture.com/&quot; >Stonelite Furniture