I’ve written here before about eco-friendly design and products. If you liked that stuff, I wanted to give a little shout-out to my other pet project, Ecologue.com, a sister blog to Design Happens that’s covering all things green for your home and garden.
Yeah, I know you might be tired of hearing “go green” or “save the planet” or might wonder what you can really do. But even the little things count — and a few basic changes can benefit you and your family. The ideas we’re pulling together over at Ecologue are all about helping you find your right shade of green — the one that fits your life today and every day. This is simple, practical living.
Some highlights from the past week:
- Crafty Recycling: Plastic Turned Poppy Garden Art — one hands-on homeowner thought beyond the garden gnome to make his own plastic ornaments
- Energy-Efficiency Tweaks for an Older Home — a suburban home with great bones gets an energy assessment
- Clean It Green: More Uses for Vinegar — white vinegar is a natural cleaner’s BFF
- The Next Generation of Artificial Grass — an extreme solution for an ever-green lawn or the next way of landscape design?
- The Green Cart: Kill A Watt – a handy tool every homeowner needs to kill those high utility bills
Check it out and let me know if you have thoughts for what you want to know more about — or tips for great eco-ideas you’ve seen or tried.