If you’re like me, you love all things Southwest. The sunsets, the breathtaking landscapes and the amazing margaritas (oops, I didn’t say that).

So when the bigwigs at HGTV announced that Dream Home 2010 would be built in New Mexico, I was just a bit thrilled.

This year, instead of keeping fans in suspense for months, we’ve decided to launch a Web cam right at the site, so we can document the construction process, step by step. There’s been just a bit of activity thus far, but the sunset photos are reason enough to take a peek.

Got a moment to spare? View the Dream Home 2010 Web cam.

HGTV Dream Home

1. Linda Manns says:

My comments are very simple,
    It's just out of this world for a 2/2 home.
    The designers that worked on this green home not only put in hard time, but their heart and soul's..
    Linda M

2. Larry Copeny says:

I know that me and my wife would truly enjoy living in New Mexico for it is and would be a true retirement paradise. To start living once again after the horrendous accident that I suffered and still going through.Getting ran over twice is something I would not like to see happen to anyone and I'm still alive to talk about it. – God bless – ( I'll just keep hoping,wishing,dreaming about it that somebody who really deserve to win would actually win it.) { GREAT LOCATION }

3. Larry Copeny says:

I know that me and my wife would truly enjoy living in New Mexico for it is and would be a true retirement paradise. To start living once again after the horrendous accident that I suffered and still going through.Getting ran over twice is something I would not like to see happen to anyone and I’m still alive to talk about it. – God bless – ( I’ll just keep hoping,wishing,dreaming about it that somebody who really deserve to win would actually win it.) { GREAT LOCATION }

4. eram says:

where do you sign up for it…

5. Jamie says:

Thats awesome! I was actually born there and lived their until I was twelve. We then moved to Louisiana. But, I still have family in Carlsbad that I haven't seen in over fifteen years. Excited to see the house ya'll come up with this year.

6. Gerrye says:

New Mexico is my FAVORITE state! Lived there as a teen – and am so ready to return. Love the cool evenings, the sunrises and sunsets, the LACK of humidity (I currently live in East Texas) – the desert is the best!

7. Bernice Mtz says:

I,ve been reading your notes on dream -homes and yes I,ve been in New Mexico the weather there is nice and hot at times and the people there are great and I enjoy the view and the moutains and sunsets and shoppies is great when you know what you looking for and if not its just as fun too cause you can find many things for your home and theres a main attitchion in the center of town its called old – town has great gifts there and place too see any one likes too join a party-light with lot of gifts and enjoy meeting people just look for and adresses in the phone book. they have great stuff. good – luck in the dream house. thanks too some friends