If not, for shame! I am actually finding the human emotions involved in these makeovers more interesting than the paint color choices and furnishing selections.

If you missed the first episode, which aired on Sunday night, take a peek at before-and-after photo galleries of the teams’ living room makeovers. Not too shabby for complete novices.

And don’t miss this Sunday’s episode at 10 p.m. ET. Guest designer David Bromstad throws down a bedroom challenge and requires that each team create an original piece of artwork. Ready to dust off the paint brushes and give it try? Visit $250K Central on Sunday night for an exclusive video tutorial!

Design Inspiration

1. I have spent the last 20 years and more compiling a book of everything I wanted in my house and designed my yard and everything. I have been caring for my aunt who passed Oct. 2009 at the age of 102 and my 75 year old mother and I just have not gotten around to it. I have been putting off setting up a gazebo in my yard and making it into a outdoor living area in addition to my house. I love the lanterns just my style.

2. michelle says:

Just added a 2nd story on our late 50's brick rancher. Currently updating with some much needed landscaping. Could use all the help we can get to make our house finally feel like a home!!

3. Rebecca says:

We watched just a little bit of the end. Looked interesting. May have to make it a point to get home earlier to watch.
    The lights would be just perfect for us. We live very close to a river and are having problems keeping the mosquitos away. The lights are beautiful.

4. Rose Sarad says:

We watch the makeovers & it is like
    Cinderella being changed to a princess !!
    Very BEAUTIFUL & dreamy when all is said & done . We love HGTV all . So much hard work
    by these talented people . GREAT !
    Love the lanterns …. We need a complete make-over in our house .. But it is in my
    dreams ! Thank you for hours of dreams full-
    filled .

5. Susan Nadal says:

I have not seen it yet but I will make sure I start to, thanks to Partylite!

6. Saundra W. says:

Unfortunately I missed the first episode. My sister reminded me after it aired. I will be sure to watch it this Sunday.

7. Ruth Hamra says:

I missed the first one, but will plan to watch this Sunday evening. It looks like it will be full of inforrmation!

8. I always watch HGTV that is when the husband is around, then I go into the bedroom and watch it on the other television. We are in the process of redoing the inside of our house. The bathroom is almost finished, then the kitchen is next. We up graded the AC and used waisted space in the hall and the return air has to be finished with it boxed in and some slelves placed for use. I have got a lot of ideas from watching. I do enjoy the shows. Thanks a lot you have come in real handy…

9. Lessie says:

Mary,

You're absolutely right about the intensity of emotions in the participants. Time constraints, decisions, frustrations, desire for approval and the $250,000 jackpot would put anyone's nerves on edge! :)

But I'm amazed at their creativity! These novice designers are doing a great job! I like how they see beyond where they were and latch onto where they want to be in their designs.

This is a good show! Hope you keep it.