To say that there is buzz around the launch of Angelo Surmelis’ furniture line would be an understatement. You’ve requested more information en masse; we’ve heard you. Take a look at these lovely, leather beauties. The retail price for both: $499.

Climb right in; put your feet up - for $499.

Climb right in; put your feet up - for $499.

Despite this headline, I am not relaxed at all. I’m antsy; I’m impatient. I can’t remember the last time I was this excited about something to come in the design world. Only when I have my first Angelo Surmelis-designed chair in my home in its perfect spot by the window will I be able to sit back, relax and smile at the splendor that is creation inspiration come to fruition. Oh, the anticipation!

A lot of healthy collaboration has gone into Angelo’s first furniture line, mainly with Handy Living front man, Tom Erdman, who has been spanning the globe working to ensure the pieces (there are a lot of them) will be ready this summer at reasonable prices. Beauitiful, affordable,  high-quality furniture available at the the tips of your fingers at retailers such as Overstock, Sears, Costco and CSN Stores. And no, shipping will not be outrageous. This chair (below) is priced at $299 on Overstock. Add a whopping $2.95 for shipping.

I think Angelo has had some fun designing his furniture line. What do you think?

More to come. I can’t hardly wait!

1. Laura Long says:

One thing I love about the leather chair and ottoman is that it gives you a recliner without having "a recliner." This perfectly settles a long-standing disagreement in my household.

2. Diana says:

Tom, you have found yourself a great designer!
    Angelo, we love your designs! We can't wait to buy your new chairs! Best of Luck with your furniture line!

3. Micah says:

Those pieces look like they should cost four times what you have posted here. I go to high end furniture stores all the time and these would fit in perfectly there. You have such a high end product here and for such an amazing price. AMAZING JOB ANGELO! They will fit perfectly in my living room!

4. Al Corral says:

$2.95 to ship ? Can this be correct ??

5. Wemdu says:

Love that chair
    WOULD LOVE TO REP your line in ATLANTA or HIGH POINT
    contact me
    This would be great in my bonus room or home office. Well appointed and fabulous lines
    perfect fabric and colorway.
    WWM

6. Hollis says:

YES! It's about time somebody got it and Angelo, you GOT IT ALL Baby! Love you and your ways. Hot pic of you BTW. You and your furniture are lookin' FINE!

7. Trey MP says:

This looks like the beginning of a beautiful relationship with me and some new furniture. I think the leather chair and ottoman are not only comfortable looking, but the whole look is just enough of a club chair look yet contemporary at the same time. Now, the B&W print chair is a bit of a stroke of genius, especially at that price point. Angelo, your brilliantly combined classic styling in a fresh way that doesn't feel experimental. it feels familiar and new. Congrats. I always knew you were my favorite for a reason. Ha! Great job.

8. Cindy T says:

Wonderful execution with these chairs and everything else I have seen from your line. I am a big fan of your work and this seems like the perfect transition for you. Looking froward to more of your creative endeavors in the future. Congratulations. You have a fan and a customer in me.

9. Jean says:

These are wonderful pieces. Can't wait to see the whole collection.

10. Tim says:

These are very cool pieces and I think I just found y new recliner that isn't a typical recliner. I really like the print chair as well. Interested in seeing more of the line. Any sofas? Anything is a solid sofa that could go with your recliner. Looks like a wonderful collection. Well done Angelo. Always enjoy your shows.