To say that there is buzz around the launch of Angelo Surmelis’ furniture line would be an understatement. You’ve requested more information en masse; we’ve heard you. Take a look at these lovely, leather beauties. The retail price for both: $499.

Climb right in; put your feet up - for $499.

Climb right in; put your feet up - for $499.

Despite this headline, I am not relaxed at all. I’m antsy; I’m impatient. I can’t remember the last time I was this excited about something to come in the design world. Only when I have my first Angelo Surmelis-designed chair in my home in its perfect spot by the window will I be able to sit back, relax and smile at the splendor that is creation inspiration come to fruition. Oh, the anticipation!

A lot of healthy collaboration has gone into Angelo’s first furniture line, mainly with Handy Living front man, Tom Erdman, who has been spanning the globe working to ensure the pieces (there are a lot of them) will be ready this summer at reasonable prices. Beauitiful, affordable,  high-quality furniture available at the the tips of your fingers at retailers such as Overstock, Sears, Costco and CSN Stores. And no, shipping will not be outrageous. This chair (below) is priced at $299 on Overstock. Add a whopping $2.95 for shipping.

I think Angelo has had some fun designing his furniture line. What do you think?

More to come. I can’t hardly wait!

1. Deanna says:

CAAAAAAN'T WAIT! This is so excellent. I had not seen these pieces. I have seen a bit of some other ones, a green floral print that desperately want and a b&w viney print (also thinking about getting) that Angelo had teased with on his blog. I love this leather chair & ottoman. I just showed it to my husband and he wants it. He never wants anything I show him when it comes to furniture. LOL! Angelo, you have done it right. Looking forward to the whole line. All the best to you during this launch. You must be on pins and needles and I will tell you, it's going to be a HUGE success cause of who you are! We're big fans here in the O.C.

2. where is this available for sale? Can we buy it for our retail stores?! I love the product, I've been watching your tweets and trying to track down where I can get it to put it on my sales floor.

3. EJ says:

Angelo is a rock star!!!! Love the new furniture line…classic.

4. Gabby says:

Your new line looks incredible. I am such a fan of you & your work that it would be a thrill for me to have an Angelo piece in my home. Thank you this collection

5. Lynda says:

These pieces look great. I am thrilled to see a recliner that I actually want in my house and I can afford to have. The print chair, genius. I love the wheels and the styling. Angelo, you have done with your new furniture line what you do with homeowner's rooms–you've nailed the look!

6. Leslie Judson says:

Al –

Yes, $2.95 is correct!! Hard to believe, isn't it? Any Angelo: Home pieces featured on Overstock.com will be shipped for $2.95 for your entire order. That's actually the standard shipping rate on Overstock. Gotta love it.

7. ed p says:

Angelo, Class as usual, and affordable quality design.
    Looks like you've put together the perfect combination!
    Congratulation and much success!

8. Lori Funk says:

You have a furniture line!?!? My god – is there nothing you can't do? I'm so happy for you! Gorgeous pieces. Truly.

9. Carly says:

Well this is pretty incredible. I'm not at all surprised that I like these pieces from Angelo. I've been a fan for years of his work, I am surprised at the prices. WoW! Good going Angelo. Yet another reason to be in love with you and your style.

10. Tesla says:

This is pretty excellent news. Way to go Angelo! These chairs look incredible. Can't wait to see more.