Sadly, this is the last week of our Friday Freebies. I want to thank everyone who’s commented over the past 4 weeks. I also want to congratulate Jennifer Perez who won last week’s set of Blue Wave candle holders with a very touching moment she shared with us about her father. I also want to thank the folks at PartyLite for hooking us up with some great stuff for the past month, and boy did we save the best for the last.

This week we’re going back outside to go out with a bang! Check out PartyLite’s Linear Lites Collection. The new Linear Lites 3-wick holder, a dazzling centerpiece with a glass cylinder insert to protect candle flame when used outside. Along with that, we’ve got 3 Linear Lites Pillar Holders in three sizes (14 ½” short, 16 ¼” medium and 18″ tall) and a Linear Lites Votive Pair for votives and tealights. And of course, don’t forget the candles: one Petite 3-Wick 3×5″ , one dozen votives , and another dozen tealights! All in Citrus Bloom Citronella scent, a tangy and surprising Citronella oil from fragrant Asian grasses combined with the tangy scent of citrus blossoms. A great fragrance for outdoor entertaining.

linear-lites

Total package Worth: $270

All you have to do is answer this week’s question in the comments below with a valid email address before Monday Night @ Midnight Eastern. We’ll pick a random winner from all of our comments. Its that simple!

We love parties here at HGTV, so we want to know what’s the best party you’ve every thrown and why?

While you’re trying to decide between the great beach bash of ’99 or new year’s ’88, take some time to check out some of the other great stuff we’ve got going on over here ta Design Happens. This past week we celebrated National Pink Day in style and are already thinking ahead to Christmas with LEON day. We’ve also got some killer stuff going on in our other blogs. Last week saw $250k Challenge wrap up, but starting this Sunday its time for an HGTV Showdown with Lisa LaPorta and Carmen De La Paz taking on Taniya Nayak and Steve Watson. And we’re only a few weeks away from Design Star kicking off in Hollywood.

1. Mandee says:

I just got done doing a cheap princess party for my 3 year old daughter. My daughter wanted a princess party and I was a little bit panicked since I lost my job. So I thought I’m creative what could I do with what I have. So I made a castle out of all her foam puzzle pieces covered it in tissue, made the tissue look like bricks and then placed the castle in one corner of the room for party decor. I then made a frog, crowns, and set that up for a frog prince game. My daughter and I also found princess clip art online printed them off and stuck them all over the wall to put a princess effect in the room. I also went to the dollar store bought shimmery balloons and streamers to fest up the room. She loved it and we had a blast. I ended up spending all together for decorations, lil princess prizes, and food items $20.
    I was so proud of myself and made my little girl sooo happy for her birthday :) . I’m not sure if I’ll beat the one but it was so fun not only for her but I as well

2. Susan says:

I LOVE OUTDOOR GTHERRINGS GRILLING WATCHING PEOPLE HAVE FUN AND THE PARTY IS ALL OLD FRIENDS AND FAMILY HAVING A GOOD TIME RELAXING AND EATING RELIVING STORIES TO LAUHG ABOUT AND PONDER.

3. Abby Tichenor says:

The best party I threw was a Hawaiian/Beginning of Summer party. Great grilled Hawaiian kabobs, drinks with little umbrellas and of course everyone dressed up in their best Hawaiian Gear! A nice fire and hula hooping dancing (substitute for Hawaiian Island dance), finished the night off! Good times and haven't had a party as much fun since!

4. Abby Grisham-Ticheno says:

5. amy ormsby says:

My husbands birthday falls on Leap day, so he only gets an actual birthday every four years. Well anyways for his 36th birthday,(didn't want to have his party for his 40th-as he would be expecting that.) So i had a surprise party for him on his 36th. I invited all of his friends-new & old. He had a great time!

6. C. Cass Hudson says:

One of the best parties that I've ever thrown was New Year's eve '08. I & group of my friends had been calling each other during the few days before trying to figure out what to do to celebrate the dawn of a new and exciting '09. All of us were coming up empty handed. We didn't want to deal with crowds, entry expenses, etc… So on the morning of, I remebered one of my clients giing me a "Murder Mystery" dinner party game that she was going to put in her garage sale. I'd placed it up on the shelf in a closet w/other accumulated games. I hadn't even opened it yet, but when I did, I discovered that I had New Year's Eve '08 in a box! It included recipes, costume ideas & even room decor tips. I called everyone, assigned them their characters and violla…success at the last minute. Sometimes the best parties are the ones without extensive planning & tons of work. A little creativity, a theme, some time to shop at the grocery store and the participation and enthusiasm of friends is all you need!!

7. Jaimee Young says:

PLEASE READ MY POST ON JUNE 26th @12:18pm IT WAS THE BEST BEST PARTY FOR ME !! REALLY IT WAS !! ONCE YOU READ IT YOU WILL UNDERSTAND !! JUST ME & MOM VISITING GETTING TO KNOW EACHOTHER AFTER YEARS OF BEING APART !TALKING ONMY BACK PATIONEXT TO MY FLOWER GARDEN !! JUST HER AND I TOGETHER WAS THE BEST PARTY I EVER HAVE HAD !! AND I HAVE HAD MANY !! SO PLEASE GO BACK TO MY EARLIER POST & READ IT JUNE 26th AT 12:18pm !! THANKS SO SO MUCH !! MOM AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU AT HGTV !! ~XO~

8. Cheryl says:

The best party I have ever thrown was a surprise anniversary party for my parents. I had a limo pick them up for the day and pre-planned their stops for lunch and shopping (sent gift cards along w/ them). The last stop of the day was at the local winery where all of their friends were waiting to surprise them. We crowned them King and Queen for the day, enjoyed wonderful food, cake and wine to celebrate. It was a great day and a memorable party.

9. [...] rest is here:  Design Happens » Archive » The Last Friday Freebies  Mail this post to a friendSHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: “Design Happens » Archive » The Last [...]

10. Nakiya says:

Definitely would have to be my wine and chocolate tasting party. I made everyone bring a different wine and I created tables so that people could make notes about the wines. I also bought single origin chocolates from all over the world and made a table for our chocolate tasting as well. Probably one of the best and intimate (about 8 women) parties I've ever hosted.

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"