Last month I went down to Atlanta for the bInspired (Be Inspired, for those who had to look at it sideways, as I did) Home Design Showcase. Six designers created an entire room based on things they found personally inspiring . Each week we’ll feature one of these designers along with photos of the room and product information.

This week it’s Bob Brown from Robert Brown Interior Design.

bInspired: Bob BrownInspired: Bob Brown

Miscellaneous archival sea life images by Natural Curiosities/AmericasMart

“Dos Cubos” lantern by Solaria Lighting/AmericasMart

“Troscan” black leather chair & bench by Jerry Pair/ADAC

A few of his inspirations:

Fashion: “I love to ‘detail’ my work and take cues from the runway shows. I love the ‘mix’ masters Karl Lagerfeld and Christian Lacroix, but also learn from the minimalists like Jil Sander and Helmut Lang.

Nature: “God’s landscape is so full of great things. The beautiful shape of a tree branch or the delicate color of a peony can inspire a plethora of ideas.”

Technology: “I love to surf the web. My go-to website is 1st Dibs and I love a great blog like The Peak of Chic.”

img_9416_dhap

img_9426_dhap

img_9400_dhap

“Serengeti — Gazelle” sisal/linen area rug by Merida Meridian/AmericasMart

“Valencia” chaises by PierceMartin/ADAC

Photos/Quotes courtesy of AmericasMart

1. JACKIE HARRINGTON says:

This is a good concept.Just by looking at the picture i see that you found the idea of the ocean maybe .Or where that just character of your client. Great work. North Carolina Jackie Harrington

2. Linda says:

I find this room unsettling, it would be an uncomfortable spot to sit in alone and enjoy a book. it would be crowded with more than a few people in it and the lack of any color is gloomy.

3. Chelsea says:

I feel like if I were in this room, I would feel like it was closing in because of the collage of pictures on both sides. But just one wall would be amazing.

4. Donna W. says:

It reminds me of the waiting room at the Womans Center where my daughter had her baby. I actually liked it because of where we were. Wouldn't want it in my home though. Just too impersonal.

5. Nicole says:

I think a splash of red would really make this room pop.

6. Ms T says:

They had to have a sale on picture hangers — this looks terrible.

7. Erk says:

This reminds me of the County Hospital waiting room with no service!

8. Carl J says:

I'd love to visit these "hospital waiting rooms" that you all go to. Must be Greenwich Hospital? This looks like a very inviting lounge, where I could put my feet up with a good cup of coffee, and read my kindle or connect with friends.

9. Treshops says:

I love the overall look but it does feel a bit cold. I think it's the wicker/rattan. Fabric or leather on the couch frames would soften it quite a lot. A few splashes of color would also warm up the room.

10. tai earrings says:

You can find how to get rid of body hair, facial hair, pubic hair, ingrown hair.
    If we simply cover them up, we are not helping, we are supressing.
    You also would typically have to undergo
    the process on a monthly basis.