We are excited! Style expert Cindy Crawford will be chatting live on our blog Thursday, Oct. 29, from 1 to 3 pm ET to answer your design and decorating questions.

Cindy Crawford

After rising to superstardom in the fashion industry, Cindy is now making a beautiful mark in home design with her own home furnishings collection, Cindy Crawford Style for JCPenney. “As a mom and wife born in the Midwest, [JCPenney and I] share similar values,” Cindy says. “And we wanted the same things for Cindy Crawford Style: effortless design and enduring timeless styles.” Cindy spent years traveling the world finding inspiration to turn her home into a sanctuary. Now she would like to share her style tips and what she’s learned along the way.

Make sure and ask your decorating question to get style advice from an icon. Submit a question by leaving a comment on this blog post. Check back for more on Cindy’s live chat!

1. Joanne McIntyre says:

I have a mauve colored large corner jetted tub,White bathroom shower, stool and white counter-top and sink. The fixtures are gold hardware, as are the jets in the tub. The tile around the tub is white with pink swirls in it.
    I would like to decorate my bathroom in another color other than the mauves, purples, pinks and whites. Can I go to a brown shade or green shade? I can change the wall color ( it's wallpapered now) so that's not an issue.
    The flooring is white background with a "hint" of Mauve in it also. That I can't change out. This bathroom is 12 x11 foot, so a nice size, nothing is cramped.
    The wood trim is all Oak and very attractive.

2. LP2009 says:

We have recently purchased a home and we are looking for our furniture. The trim throughout the house is stained a cherry color and we are looking at dining room and bedroom sets which are a darker color of wood. Is is a fashion faux pas if the the wood of our furniture is different that that of the trim? I'm worried that it may clash.

• marilyn says:

great question … I would like to know the same, as all of our woodwork (buildins, too) is very light honey blonde, but we have dark furniture I don't want to get rid of. All new furniture items we have bought are light – what are the rules???

3. Jerry says:

Ms. Crawford: I live in a small apartment and so my bedroom is also my office. The walls are stark white (we are not allowed to paint); and my furniture is cherrywood. Other than a couple of pictures, the walls are bare. The curtains (sheers) are green textured (1pr. on ends) and sheer solid green inside. I have a cream with tan embroideried quilt and various shades of tan pillows on the bed. What else can I do to add some pizazz to this room!? It just seems so dark with the dark furniture.

4. Joyce says:

Cindy: Where did you get the name "Matera" for the linens? That is my maiden name.

5. Peggy says:

Hi Ms. Crawford, I am decorating a master bedroom in my Florida vacation home. I have purchased a comforter set that is light beige with brown and blue accents. I would like to paint my walls a pale shade of blue to obtain a very calming effect to the room. I would like white trim and whte frames on the walls. How do I determine the correct shade of blue…do I match the blue in the comforter? What color curtains do I hang? Thanks for your answer.

6. polka dot says:

I have a brand new living room set. A beautiful tanish couch and a chair with a sort of circle pattern on it. I thought I was doing good going with something different. But now the dilemma- I cannot figure out what king of rug to put with that darn chair. I don't want to go with a solid color. It would make everything seem blah… but what kind of print can you put with a print chair. I think I would get rid of it if it wasn't so expensive. :)

7. Marilia says:

I love those bedroon color how I can find the name of the paint colors?

8. Shawn Hill says:

Hi Cindy Crawford, it's Shawn Hill from Longview, Texas. Any advice when designing for urban spaces?

9. home decor guy says:

Any body seen any good green home decor products.

10. Lisa Mair says:

Hi Cindy, have you looked at painted canvas floorcloths for a great , GREEN, alternative to traditional rugs? Take a peek at http://www.canvasworksfloorcloths.com.