AndreasCharalambousThis week we take a trip to the east coast to chat with designer Andreas Charalambous.  Andreas is the principal designer at Forma Design, who’s work has won several awards this year from the American Institute of Architects and Mid-Atlantic International Interior Design Association.  You definitely don’t want to miss his artwork over at andreascharalambous.com.  Andreas also has several spaces on Designers’ Portfolio.

Where do you work and live? In Washington, DC.
Describe your design style. Modern, warm, creative, uncluttered, memorable
When did you know you wanted to be a designer? When I was a kid, always liked drawing and re-arranging spaces.
Favorite websites? Facebook.com, FORMAonline.com, Washingtonpost.com
What design dilemma do you find yourself solving over and over again?hmmm…Nothing comes to mind…once we solve them, they are solved!
What’s in your playlist when you’re sketching/brainstorming a design? Classical, Stamatis Spanoudakis
What trend do you hope to never see again  why? Post Modernism.  It re-hashed the past with no concern for the present or the future.
Favorite TV shows? Project Runway, Curb your enthusiasm, Sex and the City
What’s your home “secret shame”? Too much clutter in the guest room closet, so not much space for guests’ things…
What would be your one desert island book? The Kite Runner.

Designers & Shops

1. home decor guy says:

Does he comes on any hgtv show. looks familiar

home decor guy
    <a href="http://www.homedecornew.com” target=”_blank”>www.homedecornew.com

2. Kathryn says:

I adore your work Andreas, even though I am not a huge fan of the post modernist movement I do empathize the passion and I often bring in my beloved 1940's furniture to combine with a single piece of pop furniture, particularly industrial Shelvingand or, bookcases. I am a design graduate and my passion is shelving of any type and shape. The retro 50's has a look that I feel works with almost any theme and I do spend hours working how to fit my love affair with shelves into a clients brief. Hm! dream along.

3. Katie Dawson says:

I am a fan too! I love your design style!

4. john says:

I just love your designs, its so modern and really amazing..

5. kath says:

Your designs are amazing… they are really good, i would love to buy one of the designs..

6. Rich says:

Excellent design work! I love sharing ideas and inspiration and finding excellent interior design articles.

7. This works Great man i download it from that site mrxsystem this make sure your phone and networks is compatible check it on the site.