Like the rest of the world, we at HGTV are watching the devastating news from Haiti.

We are grateful for the heroes who have jumped in to help, including our friends at UNICEF.

Executive director Anne Veneman said, “Expert estimates suggest that 46 per cent of Haiti’s nearly 10 million people are under 18 years of age. The special needs of children for food, shelter and protection, must be factored in at the very outset of relief efforts and UNICEF will do everything in its power to make sure these needs are met.”

If you would like to join us in supporting UNICEF’s work to provide shelter and safety to the earthquake’s many victims, you can donate to Haiti.

Jillian St. Charles, VP
Site Director, HGTV.com

Good Works

1. Tampabaygirl says:

While it is great to dream about owning the beautiful HGTV home, we must keep the Haitian people in our thougths and prayers. Say a prayer, send supplies and donations and hope they don't experience anymore earthquakes so we can go in there and rebuild.

2. Fanelia Pierrecius says:

I'm really touch by everybody's concern about my country haiti. Thankyou so much for giving, eventhough we are going through rough times here but its nothing compare to what my haitian people are going through. I had my share of it for 14years but its nothing like this, we were suffering long before the earthquate striked. eventhough i'm having trouble here paying my bills still i had to make a donation through the coalition for haitian and american empowerment. last night i found out i lost a uncle 2 aunts and their children and grandchildren no one made it out my uncle's ealive. it's by the grace of God that i'm still here. I appreciate every one's prayers and donations. please don't forget about haiti when the cameras do go off. If I do win the dream home I plan on building a school with a playground and a basketball court in my beloved haiti.

3. Fanelia Pierrecius says:

I'm greatful to all of you for caring and giving to the people of my my country. I and my family thank hgtv for taking a part of this becouse we love your network very much. I lived in haiti from the time i was born until i was 14years old i've been through rough times and seen bad times but never like this. this earrthquake took 10 of my family menbers in one shot. Because of GOD's grace and your donations to help my country, my people that's how i'm able to keep my head up lately. If i win the dream home 2010 I plan on building a school in haiti in my home town and become a foster mother, i have a 9year daughter she asked me how we can bring a couple of the kids here to live with us. Because of financial deficulties, i'm not stable right now but if i win the dream home i promise you some of those children will have a place to call home. please don't forget about my beloved haiti when the cameras do go off. Thankyou everyone, the Presidents, volunteers, hgtv, cnn, the celebreties and you for donating eventhough we going through tough times here, trust me we have it better then haiti. May God Bless you all!

4. Vody says:

Hello, I donated to The Red Cross for Haiti. I would like to know is it true that the UPS will take things there for free? I will call UPS tomorrow Monday to find. If not, can you please tell me if you know who, or what company is participating in bringing clothes, blankets, can goods with can openers, and non perishable items. From the deepest of my heart, Thank You for all everyone is doing for Haiti, my homeland.

5. helyn says:

God hates suffering more than any human does Isiah 55 :8,9.Why do we suffer? Sometimes that is the most painful question of all. People ask it sadly when war, disaster, disease , takes their innocent loved ones, destroy their home, or bring them untold sufferings. Jehovah God never causes what is bad to happen. It is comforting for us to know that God does not cause suffering. He is not responsible for wars, crimes, the oppression, or even natural disasters that cause people to suffer. Still we need to know if he is almigty he has the power to stop it. Why, then, does he hold back. Have questions, please welcome Jehovah's Wittness in the next time they are in your neighborhood or call your local Kingdom hall . I plan to do what i am able for the people in Haiti, they are in my prayers daily . And just remember that Jehovah God has each and every one of those who died in his memory bank he plans to resurrect them back on this earth a paradise earth when the time comes. John 5:28,29 Titus 1:2, John 10:27,28, Isiah 45:18, Isaiah 9:6,7 , Revelation 21 3-5 . Sincerly, True

6. david kelly says:

i would like to know about mailling in postcards. I found a blog from you that said postcards DO NOT need to be in an envelope. However, customer service from scripp Network said " to my understanding postcards need to be in an envelope" Which is it? I would love to mail some postcards but will they be disCARDed?
    Love you,

7. June G says:

Great idea! I have always loved UNICEF and remember Halloweens as a child where we knocked on doors saying "Trick or Treat for UNICEF" and our neighbors would give coins in addition to the candy. All donations were turned into our schools fo be forwarded to UNICEF. Since then Unicef has always been my first charity

8. jodie dallas says:

I have been abused. I a'm homeless now, and i want a new home. Thank you

• Printable Halloween Party Invitation