A few weeks ago, we announced that Heather Armstrong would be joining the HGTV family. Since then, we’ve gotten lots of feedback asking what she’ll be doing around here. While we still have a lot of tricks up our sleeves, starting this week, Heather will post every week on Design Happens. (Yay!)

If you could have her post on any design-related topic, what would it be? What do you want to see HGTV and Heather tackle together?

Announcements

1. jen }i{ says:

I have three kids and seriously need some ideas on toy AND school paper storage/containment. How is her house so spotless? Is it all behind the camera??

2. jennifer says:

window treatments!! I'm afraid of curtains because they seem so formal, but just having blinds on the windows doesn't look good either.

3. Diane says:

I would love solutions that deal with technology elements in every house. What's a good way to deal with cords, computers, televisions, remotes, charging stations so that these things integrate well with the design of a room. I figured Heather must have some insight to this sort of thing since she lives with a geek. :-)

4. Amy says:

I love the unique finds she writes about on her blog, and her kitchen and bathroom renovations were amazing! Also, the floors in her house always look great. I think it would be interesting to hear about her inspiration and how she developed her sense of style. Also, how to make a house a home, because from what I've seen on her blog I think she does that very well.

5. ACB says:

Stylish, sleek organizational systems (home papers, office papers, papers, papers, papers)
    Small space family living
    Turning personal photography into great wall displays

So glad she's joining HGTV!!

6. Kitty Conner says:

How about suggestions for imposing your design asthetic on a house that isn't quite "you"?

For example, the house (condo, apartment, whatever) that you purchased is perfect for your needs in terms of space, location, etc. But it doesn't really fit your design style. You bought a 70's split level, but you adore early-American traditional. You're stuck in a sprawling rustic ranch, but British Colonial is your thing. Whatever.

So, what do you do? How to you make your house work for you?

(FYI – I'm a mid-century mod kinda gal, stuck in a newish bland suburban two-story.)

7. melodiofme says:

How to mix/coordinate color in decorating but at the same time keeping the minimalistic flavor.

8. Alicia says:

Accessories! I can put a basic room together, but I can never tie the whole thing together with accessories. I don't like clutter but I like a few nice pieces on the wall, dressers, etc. I also seem to use no accessories or I end up with photos that are pretty but don't go with the design of my rooms.

9. Christine says:

Another who wants tips on how to frame self-taken pictures, hang pictures / picture groupings, and where to put them.

How to deal with and decorate a small home office that has 3 computers, about 300 cords and power strips, and five large monitors and three desks in it and is completely out of control.

10. Sarah says:

Storage solutions for small spaces. When there is no playroom and all the toys have to be in the living room. My house ends up looking like romper room 24/7.